Senior UX/UI Designer
Design & UX Guild | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
WE DREAM OF FUTURE POSSIBILITIES
Our Company: We are digital services company that sits at the intersection of strategy, design and execution for the world’s leading global brands. We are a transformational partner who helps our clients create game changing digital experiences. We scale innovation to continuously improve the digital maturity of the world’s leading companies.
More than 2500 professionals in 8 countries and 5 continents working with the most dynamic brands like Estee Lauder, Groupon, Microsoft, Macy’s, Mozilla, Lululemon, Neiman Marcus, among others.
• 13 Guilds, world-class communities of expert talent.
• A stellar delivery track record, long-term focus with 80% of the partnership of 7+ years from retail, healthcare and hi tech to finance and telecom.
• We transform while we perform. Agility is in our DNA and a game-like leveling system motivates coordinated improvements in our partner’s environments with measurable impacts on team’s velocity, quality, autonomy and of course, digital products performance in the market.
• We have a strong emotional connection with partners. Our teams incorporate the client’s product and digital journey goals as their own, and their fees vary accordingly. They have skin in the game.
Our Team: Our Vancouver office is staffed with a mix of User Interface/User Experience Designers and top-notch engineering talent working on exciting projects. We work with a different of technologies and tools, spanning from frontend web and mobile, to backend and hardware.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior UX/UI Designer to join our team of dreamers and builders. Here is a bit more about how this position impacts our organization and the experience/skills to do it:
- Strong knowledge of user interface design process and methodology
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Ability to run “Discovery” workshops on site to help a client determine features, requirements and vision on what they want to build
- Ability to give design estimates and scope a client project
- Ability to lead projects and delegate tasks within your team
- Ability to manage 1 to 2 designers
- Demonstrates strong visual design skill, ability to solve UX problems, ability to work within an existing visual system.
- Able to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for its users with supervision from a Design Manager
- Develops a UX process that is repeatable and shareable.
- Works well within existing visual and UX patterns.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the design team
- Identifies scenarios where data would be helpful for making design decisions.
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivation and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- Strong client management skills. You can articulate and lead discussions around your process, explorations and conclusions.
- Solid up to date understanding of best practices, development and trends in web, mobile, iOS and Material Design
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organization skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
- Must be an ego-free, thick skinned person who can take and give clear feedback
- Detail oriented
- Strong self-management skills as well as the ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and integrate concepts
- Shares work frequently with their feature teams, product groups and with the design team
- Ability to provide thoughtful constructive feedback to other team members
- Taking initiatives in coming up with ideas/ processes to improve internal process
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as, Sketch and Invision
- Ability to juggle multiple projects + task at any given time
- Agency experience is a plus
Ideally you will also:
- Value teamwork: demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional and distributed teams, including designers, developers and QA engineers
- Demonstrate skill and commitment to building and maintaining relationships
- Work enthusiastically: have passion for the work and the role; can-do attitude
- Remain calm under pressure
- Communicate efficiently and carefully both verbally and in written form
- Be meticulously organized
- Plan and schedule in an effective and productive manner, maintaining focus on key priorities
Senior UX/UI Designers at Momentus are responsible for designing elegant, simple, highly usable interfaces that will be used by millions of people around the worldwide. On top of that, they will work closely with the Design Manager and Head of Design to make sure the design team is producing innovative and top quality work for our clients.
A successful Senior UX/UI Designer has an eagerness to jump in and solve problems and a unique combination of proven talent and ability in interface design, visual design and prototyping. Senior UX/UI Designers are often asked to quickly come up with game-changing ideas and make them come to life for our clients. They must also be comfortable engaging with clients and managing the execution of objectives.
At this time, Softvision LLC will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates please.