Senior Python Back-End Developer
Full Stack Web Guild | Vancouver, BC | Full Time
WE DREAM OF FUTURE POSSIBILITIES
Momentus is an innovation lab in Softvision's Studio Network. Our team likes to take on big challenges and design leading technology solutions. We transform organizations using innovative product thinking. We are part research & development lab, part solutions consultancy, and full of technologists that deliver.
Momentus is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Python Back-End Developer who thrives on unique and challenging tasks, takes pride in their ability to architect solutions that adhere to good design patterns and best practices, and is excited by the prospect of working on projects with household name clients and startups alike.
The successful applicant will be available full-time in downtown Vancouver, BC to begin as soon as possible on an ongoing project with one of our most important, and prominent clients. As such, candidates should have a fantastic work ethic and be fast learners, capable of ramping-up quickly.
As an agency, Momentus values communication and interpersonal skills as much as technical ability. Our developers will, at times, be client-facing and may be expected to be available for international travel on-site at the client's offices.
A back-end developer at Momentus is responsible for:
- Designing and implementing server-side logic for user-facing features
- Ensuring optimal performance
- Writing self-documenting code
- Understanding use cases and validating user input
- Providing technical feedback on product design feasibility
- Estimating effort to complete tasks
- Collaboration and communication with colleagues and stakeholders
- Adhering to agile development principles
- Participating in code-reviews
- Providing quality assurance support
- Delivering work according to agreed upon deadlines
Skills and Qualifications
The successful applicant will probably have a degree in computer science or software engineering, but will definitely have proficiency in:
- Python and WSGI Frameworks
- Understanding Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- HTML & template languages
- NoSQL Databases (Apache Cassandra)
- Experience with message brokers or other distributed systems
- Using git for source code management
Other useful skills include:
- Knowledge of HTML and Template Languages
- Apache Thrift
- Experience with relational databases
Pack and move relocation available. Momentus / Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.