Senior Python Back End Developer
Full Stack Web Guild | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
WE DREAM OF FUTURE POSSIBILITIES
Our Company: We are digital services company that sits at the intersection of strategy, design and execution for the world’s leading global brands. We are a transformational partner who helps our clients create game changing digital experiences. We scale innovation to continuously improve the digital maturity of the world’s leading companies.
More than 2500 professionals in 8 countries and 5 continents working with the most dynamic brands like Estee Lauder, Groupon, Microsoft, Macy’s, Mozilla, Lululemon, Neiman Marcus, among others.
• 13 Guilds, world-class communities of expert talent.
• A stellar delivery track record, long-term focus with 80% of the partnership of 7+ years from retail, healthcare and hi tech to finance and telecom.
• We transform while we perform. Agility is in our DNA and a game-like leveling system motivates coordinated improvements in our partner’s environments with measurable impacts on team’s velocity, quality, autonomy and of course, digital products performance in the market.
• We have a strong emotional connection with partners. Our teams incorporate the client’s product and digital journey goals as their own, and their fees vary accordingly. They have skin in the game.
Our Team: Our Vancouver office is staffed with a mix of User Interface/User Experience Designers and top-notch engineering talent working on exciting projects. We work with a different of technologies and tools, spanning from frontend web and mobile, to backend and hardware.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Python Backend Developer to join our team of dreamers and builders.
Softvision is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Python back-end web developer who thrives on unique and challenging tasks, takes pride in their ability to architect solutions that adhere to good design patterns and best practices, and is excited by the prospect of working on projects with household name clients and startups alike.
The successful applicant will be available full-time in downtown Vancouver, BC to begin as soon as possible on an ongoing project with one of our most important, and prominent clients. As such, candidates should have a fantastic work ethic and be fast learners, capable of ramping-up quickly.
As an agency, Momentus values communication and interpersonal skills as much as technical ability. Our developers will, at times, be client-facing and may be expected to be available for international travel on-site at the client's offices.
A back-end developer at Momentus is responsible for:
- Designing and implementing server-side logic for user-facing features
- Ensuring optimal performance
- Writing self-documenting code
- Understanding use cases and validating user input
- Providing technical feedback on product design feasibility
- Estimating effort to complete tasks
- Collaboration and communication with colleagues and stakeholders
- Adhering to agile development principles
- Participating in code-reviews
- Providing quality assurance support
- Delivering work according to agreed upon deadlines
Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Python and WSGI Frameworks
- Understanding Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- CSS & CSS Preprocessors
- HTML & template languages
- NoSQL Databases (Apache Cassandra)
- Experience with message brokers or other distributed systems
- Using Git for source code management
Other useful skills include:
- Knowledge of HTML and Template Languages
- Apache Thrift
- Experience with relational databases
At this time, Softvision LLC will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates please.