Senior Digital Product Designers - Remote (Freelance/Contract)
User Experience | Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Contract and Temporary
Who We Are:
At Momentum Design Lab we help global brands, startups and enterprises use innovation and human-centered design to create meaningful user experiences.
Our projects typically deal with data, and lots of it. We have completed more than 650 projects over the last 18 years. Our multinational design and development team representing 7 countries has a combined total of well over 110 years of user experience design. We’ve been providing quality, enterprise-level, user experience product innovation designs well before it became a competitive necessity.
We challenge and question our clients to drive innovation within their products, platforms and services, all based around what we hear from the end-users. As such we see no coincidence that we are rated the global # 1 User Experience agency for the 4th year running on Clutch.co.
What you’ll be doing
As a Momentum Design Lab Freelance or Contact Senior Digital Product Designer, you’ll ensure the work we produce is effective and intelligent while working with a team of other designers and developers. You will be responsible for creating better, more forward-thinking work. We need someone ready to lead research and strategy, information architecture, and interaction design to create bleeding edge graphical user interfaces on multiple platforms.
You’ll collaborate closely with clients throughout the entire lifecycle of the project. To succeed, you’ll need to have an eye for details and keep an eye on the big picture. You can be excited to work as part of a team or tackling challenges on your own in creating rad products for innovative and exciting brands.
We're based in the Silicon Valley, New York City, London and Sydney, but this role is remote in NSW or ACT.
You’ll obsess over the details and develop concepts for enterprises and start-up’s alike. We craft pixel-perfect systems with compelling form and simple function. You’ll bring ease of use to complex ideas in Fortune 100 enterprises and emerging start-ups alike.
We move quickly but also have enough time and space to create broad, innovative ideas. You will help to shape the next generation of the web that have real social impact.
- Great eye and passionate for visual design
- Define visual interfaces that adhere to and extend the defined wireframes and specifications
- Create and communicate end-to-end scenarios, interaction models, and screen designs to clients and executives
- Creating and conducting User/Customer/Stakeholder interviews, Solution Validation Interviews, and Usability Testing
- Conducting current state assessments inclusive of heuristic evaluations and your expert analysis.
- Workshopping, Persona Creation, Journey Mapping, Service Mapping, Flow Diagramming, Information Architecture
- Collaborate with other designers to evangelize new interface guidelines and design patterns
- Actively seek to understand business requirements to develop solutions
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Work with project management to create digital experiences on time and on budget
- Ability to think beyond the user interface to touch brands and marketing
- Portfolio demonstrating your experience in software application design
- Minimum 4-10 years of UX Design Experience
- Design using Sketch, Adobe XD, Principle, Invision, Zeplin.io
- Ability to clearly express yourself both in person and on paper (or a dry erase board if that’s your thing)
- Comfortable presenting your work to clients and working with feedback
- Nice to have: strong grasp of HTML & CSS