Senior Digital Product Designers (Full time)
User Experience | San Mateo, CA | Full Time and Contract
Who We Are:
At Momentum Design Lab we help global brands, startups and enterprises use innovation and human-centered design to create meaningful user experiences.
Our projects typically deal with data, and lots of it. We have completed more than 600 projects over the last 17 years. Our multinational design and development team representing 7 countries has a combined total of well over 110 years of user experience design. We’ve been providing quality, enterprise-level, user experience product innovation designs well before it became a competitive necessity.
We challenge and question our clients to drive innovation within their products, platforms and services, all based around what we hear from the end-users. As such we see no coincidence that we are rated the global # 1 User Experience agency for the 3rd year running on Clutch.co.
What you’ll be doing
As a Momentum Design Lab Digital Product Designer, you’ll ensure the work we produce is effective and intelligent while working with a team of other designers and developers. You will be responsible for creating better, more forward-thinking work. We need someone ready to lead research and strategy, information architecture, and interaction design to create bleeding edge graphical user interfaces on multiple platforms.
You’ll collaborate closely with clients throughout the entire lifecycle of the project. To succeed, you’ll need to have an eye for details and keep an eye on the big picture. You can be excited to work as part of a team or tackling challenges on your own in creating rad products for innovative and exciting brands.
This role is based in San Mateo, CA—right in the epicenter of technology. Easily accessible by plane, train or automobile.
You’ll obsess over the details and develop concepts for enterprises and start-up’s alike. We craft pixel-perfect systems with compelling form and simple function. You’ll bring ease of use to complex ideas in Fortune 100 enterprises and emerging start-ups alike.
We move quickly but also have enough time and space to create broad, innovative ideas. You will help to shape the next generation of the web that have real social impact.
- Great eye and passionate for visual design
- Define visual interfaces that adhere to and extend the defined wireframes and specifications
- Create and communicate end-to-end scenarios, interaction models, and screen designs to clients and executives
- Collaborate with other designers to evangelize new interface guidelines and design patterns
- Actively seek to understand business requirements to develop solutions
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Work with project management to create digital experiences on time and on budget
- Ability to think beyond the user interface to touch brands and marketing
- Portfolio demonstrating your experience in software application design
- Minimum 4-5 years of UX Design Experience
- Ability to clearly express yourself both in person and on paper (or a dry erase board if that’s your thing)
- Comfortable presenting your work to clients and working with feedback
- Nice to have: strong grasp of HTML & CSS
- Experience with creating user stories, doing research, and creating user personas is preferable
- World class benefits such as all types of insurance coverage (health 80% covered by us, dental, vision, legal, AD&D, disability, life, pet), 401k, FSA, EAP, commuter benefits, discounted shopping and more!
- Core Contribution—Small team means big impact. Every team member’s contribution has a tremendous impact on the project and our clients
- Autonomy—Our staff own their work and you will have autonomy over how to get it done
- Project Diversity—In a months span you may work on the next mobile social network, internet of things product, ad platform or financial services product
- Occasional travel to clients from around the world, we often conduct our project kick offs on-site