Business Analyst - UX Focused (Mid-Peninsula)
Strategy | San Mateo, CA | Full Time
As a Momentum Design Lab Business Analyst, you’ll define the overall product vision while working with a team of software product designers and developers. You will be responsible for the thorough understanding and documentation of the product goals. You’ll collaborate closely with clients to define the business requirements, understand the industry and competitive landscape. To succeed, you’ll need an ability to learn quickly, understand complex business dynamics and communicate the vision clearly to the other members of the team.
This role is based in the Mid-Peninsula (Downtown San Mateo) near Caltrain.
The Business Analyst will drive the early phases of our projects to set it up for success. You will work with the AM and PM to validate the scope, time and budget — while ensuring the highest degree of customer satisfaction. You will gain exposure to different industries and businesses and play a key role in enabling the success of customer engagements.
The Business Analyst is a guide that leads our clients to chart priorities and derive the maximum value from their engagement with us. The BA also guides the design and development teams, so they understand the vision and goals of the product. From kickoff through completion, you will be responsible for executing customer strategy activities, defining the business requirements with stakeholders, understand the competitive landscape, identify the pain points and validate that we solve them. You will participate in multiple concurrent projects and work with designers and developers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct strategy initiatives and lead strategy activities within projects such as participating in workshops, UX and product strategy, customer journeys, and service blueprints/mapping.
- Establish and maintain open communication channels with our clients and team members to ensure the product vision and goals are understood.
- Document the requirements in user stories and use cases.
- Ability to communicate with Designer to define wireframes.
- Validate that our work meets the goals and vision by reviewing deliverable and milestones. Ability to guide the work by providing clear, actionable feedback to the design and development team.
- Participate in business development activities to define the Strategy needs, as required.
- 4 - 6+ years experience as a Business Analyst or Product Manager, with multiple shipped products.
- Digital agency with client facing experience is a must.
- Experience delivering mobile and web applications (consumer and enterprise)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer management skills and the ability to work with customers to understand and guide them.
- Proven organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of software design/development processes and technologies, particularly agile methodologies and tools such as Pivotal, Jira, etc.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A sense of humor and tenacity.
- Recent project delivery experience with a strong design or UX/CX is preferred.
- World class benefits such as all types of insurance coverage (health 80% covered by us, dental, vision, legal, AD&D, disability, life, pet), FSA, EAP, commuter benefits, discounted shopping and more!
- Core Contribution—Small team means big impact. Every team member’s contribution has a tremendous impact on the project and our clients
- Autonomy—Our staff own their work, and you will have autonomy over how to get it done
- Project Diversity—In a months span you may work on the next mobile social network, internet of things product, ad platform or financial services product
- Occasional travel to clients from around the world, we often conduct our project kick-offs on-site
- Kegerator and a kitchen full of snacks
Who We Are:
Momentum is a 15-year-old and close-knit team of designers based in the New York, Silicon Valley, and London. Our team is founded and managed by UI/UX Designers for the past 15 years. We have been designing and building solutions for web, mobile, automobile, TV, consumer electronics and other “Internet of Things” devices. Our global customers span names like LiveNation, Verifone, AT&T, and other Fortune 500 companies; as well as early to late-stage startups like Scality, Krux Digital, Liftopia and Gracenote. We value a collaborative and family-friendly work environment.