Heat Treat Lead Technician
Thermal Processing | Erie, PA | Full Time
Modern Heat Treating, a division of Modern Industries, is a regional leader in commercial heat treating. We take pride in our modern facilities, advanced process techniques, and state-of-the-art network systems.
We provide our services to companies from the automotive, aeronautical, aerospace, medical, military and tool & die industries with a strong commitment to maintaining world-class excellence in every aspect of the manufacturing process.
In order to maintain those standards and achieve our goals for continuous improvement, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate that same commitment to quality and dedication.
- Set-up & first piece inspection of Induction Heat Treating equipment
- Develop Heat treat processes for new products and controlling the process flow of various Heat treatment processes and supporting equipment.
- (Induction Heat Treating / Induction Hardening Machines).
- Train others in the setup and operation of the specialized equipment required to heat treat various types of drive train products.
- Plan & execution of preventive maintenance of equipment along with the operational maintenance team.
- Participate in product design/development review meetings providing input on heat treatment activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- *3+ years of relevant manufacturing experience with Induction Heat Treat Equipment
- *2+ years set-up & first piece inspection of induction heat treating / induction hardening hardening equipment
- Good working knowledge of automotive heat treat CQI-9 and other industry related standards
- Schedule induction tooling for new customers
- Process & development for new customers
- Process improvements for existing customers
- Establish preventative maintenance for induction heat treat equipment
- Assist with establishing proper calibration procedures for induction equipment
- Establish procedures, work instructions & training for operation of production induction heat treating process
Modern Industries offers a competitive salary for this position and a full range of comprehensive benefits that exceed the industry standard. These include medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), paid vacation, tuition assistance/tuition reimbursement and more! Modern Industries is an equal opportunity employer that strongly supports diversity in the work place.