Family Law Paralegal
Legal | Colorado Springs, CO | Full Time
Modern Family Law is an established and growing family law firm with three locations in Colorado looking for a motivated, professional paralegal with 2-4 years' experience in family law within the State of Colorado. Our Firm is currently seeking a paralegal for our Colorado Springs office.
Our Green America Certified Firm believes in using technology to lower fees while providing superior client-focused services. We take a team approach to our clients' cases, utilizing each attorney's unique experiences and perspectives to achieve the best possible outcomes for each client. We are proud to make a difference in a very personal and real way for countless clients and their families.
- Assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents
- Investigate facts to help in the negotiation of legal disputes
- Monitor and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Record and store client information
- Prepare legal documents such as petitions, briefs, pleadings, completing 16.2 disclosures and Sworn Financial Statements, etc. for review and approval by the attorney working the case.
- Research and analyze law sources such as statues, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, constitutions, and legal codes.
- Docket and monitor deadlines and reminders for case progression.
- Organize and maintain documents in an electronic filing system.
- Gather and arrange legal documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Help lawyers during trials by handling exhibits, taking notes, or reviewing trial transcripts.
- E-File legal documents with the court via ICCES.
- Call clients, witnesses, lawyers, and outside vendors to schedule hearings, meetings, and mediations.
- Perform other clerical duties such as scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, composing and typing routine correspondence.
- Support implementation and maintenance of new and existing processes.
- Assist with various firm projects as needed.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a family law paralegal in Colorado
- Experience using ICCES e-filing
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Experience drafting family law pleadings from the beginning of a case to the end
- Thorough knowledge of the Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure
- Must posses a high standard of ethics with the ability to maintain confidential information
- Must be well-organized, reliable, and highly motivated
- Must have a great attitude and ability to work as a team as well as independently
- Superior knowledge of MS office suite, MS online services, Adobe, Macintosh and Windows platforms; ProLaw experience is ideal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Professional, ambitious, and service-oriented personality
Our Firm offers a casual work environment with great people! Competitive compensation, parking and benefits package are included! The Paralegal position is full-time and work hours are 8am-5pm M-F. Qualified individuals should submit their resume, cover letter, and compensation expectations for immediate consideration.