Internal Application: Senior IT Support Specialist
IT Services | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
Job Title: Senior IT Support Specialist
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Mode5, a leading IT Solutions and Consulting Company, has spent the past 15 years providing technology services to businesses. We deliver top notch IT services, ensuring network performance and simplify technology for our clients. As a rapidly growing organization, we are continually adding new, career-driven team members. We are currently seeking an Senior IT Support Specialist to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated professional with the hunger and drive to learn and grow professionally in a great team-atmosphere!
This is not a typical IT department position where you will be stuck working on the same old network and aging technology. At Mode5, you will work with a diverse array of companies and variation of technology, networks, servers, equipment and software. You will provide remote support and assistance to our clients with a focus on high quality customer service. If you are great at troubleshooting and able to communicate effectively, translating technical jargon into non-technical terms, then we want you.
As a Senior IT Support Specialist, you will be responsible for identifying and resolving complex issues reported by users, system requests, and high priority tickets. This position maintains user and system uptime through effective remote problem solving and by working with outside resources and vendors to deliver effective resolution. The Senior Support Specialist will serve as an escalation point to other Support Specialists to ensure proper resolution is delivered within the established service level agreement. This position is also responsible for growing and developing the Client’s perception of Mode5 through exceptional customer service.
Additional Senior IT Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Identifies, troubleshoots, resolves, and documents complex issues while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Installs, supports, configures, evaluates, maintains, monitors and analyzes systems and software in a client network environment.
- Leads high priority tickets involving server or network troubleshooting, hardware repairs, disaster recovery, or other critical requests escalated for assistance.
- Utilizes remote monitoring and management software to resolve client requests.
- Document, review and improve existing or new technical procedures and knowledge management.
- Responds to client support request tickets, calls and emails, assign ticket severity, update service work notes, and prioritize work to resolve complex support client issues.
- Establishes a high level of personal credibility and builds strong professional working relationships with client and their staff.
- Acts as an escalation point providing leadership to other support staff regarding tickets needing assistance, planning, or technical work to ensure proper resolution.
- Collaborates and work with other Mode5 staff and vendor support resources to resolve requests.
- Participates in ongoing personal training and attainment of applicable technical certifications.
- Performs duties as Support Specialist as needed in department.
- Providing updates, status, and completion information to management.
As a Senior Support Specialist, you will work with Microsoft technologies including, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, SQL and other critical services.. You must have strong troubleshooting and support skills and experience resolving complex system issues. Stellar communication and customer service skills are essential for this role. We are seeking a highly motivated professional who is eager to grow, learn, and gain new skills.
Qualified candidates are highly organized and have superior analytical problem solving abilities. Ideal candidates are team-oriented, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, positive, and committed to excellence. You must be able to work with key personnel across multiple departments to build a shared vision for solutions, and you must possess the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Minimum Education: Associates or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum Job Experience: 3 – 4 years of Technical Support experience.
- Previous Server Administration and Desktop Support experience required.
- Operating System experience in the following: Windows 7,8,10, Windows Server 2008,2012,2016, and Mac OSX.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Components: Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL, Exchange, Hyper-V & Terminal Services.
- Previous experience configuring and managing domains in a business environment supporting end-users.
- Strong skills in network troubleshooting, router & wireless implementations, VPN & remote access.
- Server hardware experience with diagnostics, replacement & upgrades, monitoring, and RAID configuration.
- A+ / Network+ / Microsoft Certifications MCP & MCSA certifications, a plus.
- Application experience with Tigerpaw, Kaseya, or other Remote Monitoring Management software, a plus.
- Managed Services or Technology Consulting job experience a plus.
At Mode5, we provide an exciting, challenging, and fun working environment to expand your career. The nature of the technical consulting with which we provide our clients offers our staff exposure to new and emerging technologies. We are continually growing and providing career development opportunities within our organization through internal promotions. We encourage continual training, and you can take advantage of our Employee Certification Program. You will enjoy working alongside other talented people within an organization that takes pride in what we do!
Additional benefits of the Senior IT Support Specialist position:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Savings Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time Off Program
- Paid Holidays
- Leave Plans
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Planning Assistance
Please note this position requires working from within our Norfolk office and is not telecommuting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer