IT Support Supervisor
IT Services | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
Job Title: IT Support Supervisor
Department: Managed IT Services
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Please note this position requires working from within our Norfolk office and is not telecommuting.
Mode5, a leading IT Solutions and Consulting Company, has spent the past 15 years providing technology services to businesses. We deliver top notch IT services, ensuring network performance and simplify technology for our clients. As a rapidly growing organization, we are continually adding new, career-driven team members. We are currently seeking an IT Support Supervisor to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated professional with the hunger and drive to learn and grow professionally in a great team-atmosphere!
This is not a typical IT department where you will be stuck working on the same old network and aging technology. At Mode5, you will work with a diverse array of companies and variation of technology, networks, servers, equipment and software they utilize. You will provide technical leadership with a focus on high quality customer service. If you are great at leading a team, have strong troubleshooting skills and can communicate effectively, then we want you.
IT Support Supervisor - IT Service Supervisor – Help Desk Supervisor-
The IT Support Supervisor plans, organizes, coordinates, assigns, and evaluates the activities of the Support staff to ensure the needs of client support requests are resolved in accordance to established service level agreements. This position will set goals, performs evaluations, provide professional growth and training opportunities to staff establishing a strong technical team to effectively accomplish Mode5’s strategic goals and objectives. The Support Supervisor will also assist in the selection, hiring and retention of qualified support team members and maintain staffing levels to meet the needs of the Support Department.
The Support Supervisor will directly supervise and lead the department’s Support Specialists, Support Coordinator, and NOC Administrators who deliver support response, monitoring and maintenance for client networks. This position will grow and develop the organization’s perception with existing customers through consistent levels of outstanding customer service and technical excellence. This position must have a strong technical foundation supporting IT networks to properly guide staff in troubleshooting, efficient resolution and act as a technical escalation as needed.
This position will analyze trends from customer requests, recommend and develop improvements to overall service levels or department processes, monitor and coach staff performance to ensure high quality service delivery in every step. This role will contribute to the long-term effectiveness and success of the organization by participating with management and peers in the development, evaluation, and execution of the strategic plans of the company. The Support Supervisor reports directly to the Service Manager.
Additional responsibilities of the IT Implementations Supervisor role include:
- Practice and deliver the Mode5’s goals, vision and core values into the departmental focus and the performance of each team member.
- Provide training and growth opportunities to enhance the team members skills and effectiveness.
- Drive down tickets per agent through proactive maintenance, policy & change management, standard procedures, and identifying areas for client IT improvements.
- Direct, coach, motivate and assist Support Department staff by holding meetings to align their performance and growth with organizational expectations for success.
- Provide strong technical guidance to staff in troubleshooting, efficient resolution and act as a technical escalation as needed to help resolve client support issues.
- Assign, direct, and manage several priorities within the department at any given time to ensure staff are properly servicing clients and delivering quality support.
- Develops and maintains department processes and policies to enable optimal performance and company growth.
- Provide strong leadership, maintains open communications with other company departments and or clients and ensure overall service quality in every step.
- Work with clients to expedite and resolve customer relations issues and provide proper follow-up to maintain service quality.
- Mange and adhere to Service Level Agreement response and resolution times to clients.
- Compile and present written monthly departmental report reviewing department performance, task areas with goals and deadlines.
- Assist in the selection, hiring and retention of qualified support team members to maintain staffing levels as needed in department.
- Training and coaching of new staff members for proper skill growth within the Support Department.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and by participating in professional societies or associations.
As a IT Support Supervisor, you will work with staff and clients implementing Microsoft Technology. You must have strong troubleshooting and system implementation skills leading staff to implement and troubleshoot technologies. Stellar communication, leadership and customer service skills are essential for this role. You must have the technical skills necessary to lead and grow the implementations specialist performing the work. We are seeking a highly motivated professional who is eager to grow, learn, and gain new skills.
Additional responsibilities of the IT Support Supervisor include:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in managing IT support, helpdesk or service delivery.
- Education: Minimum Associates or bachelor’s Degree (or additional equivalent job experience)
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with customers, staff and vendors.
- Excellent leadership skills to deliver departmental focus, motivation and energy to the team.
- Passion for teamwork, problem solving and excellent customer service delivery in every process.
- Previous technical support experience to direct team in troubleshooting and resolution.
- Strong knowledge of configuring and supporting Microsoft networks in a business environment.
- Technologies: Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, Exchange, Terminal Services, Virtualization, and Citrix.
- Professional and Technical certifications related to technologies, leadership, and job responsibilities.
- Managed Services or technology consulting job experience a plus.
- Additional experience in Tigerpaw, Kaseya or other Remote Monitoring Management software a plus.
At Mode5, we provide an exciting, challenging, and fun working environment to expand your career. The nature of the technical consulting with which we provide our clients offers our staff exposure to new and emerging technologies. We are continually growing and providing career development opportunities within our organization through internal promotions. We encourage continual training, and you can take advantage of our Personal Development Program. You will enjoy working alongside other talented people within an organization that takes pride in what we do!
Additional benefits of the IT Support Supervisor role include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Paid Holidays
- Leave Plans
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Planning Assistance
- Certification Incentive Program
Mode5 is a leader in providing managed services to businesses throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Our experienced and dedicated staff deliver top-notch IT services to ensure smooth network operations all while continuing our constant vision to simplify technology for our clients. Mode5’s latest cloud technology provides a simple to use cloud network that enables our clients to focus on the key mission and goals of their own organization.
We are committed to providing a positive work environment that encourages and nurtures individual growth through training, education, and development. We encourage our employees to be proactive in their personal growth by seeking opportunities to learn new skills and take on challenges. We foster a climate of mutual trust and respect through open channels of communication throughout our organization.
Join the Mode5 team! Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer