IT Support Specialist - System Administrator
IT Services | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Who We Are:
Mode5 is leading IT Service Provider in Hampton Roads established 18 years ago. We are in high-demand helping clients with IT and provide an exciting and stable work environment to grow your career. With our strong growth in 2020, Mode5 is looking for talented people to join our team.
This is not the typical stale IT job where you’re stuck working on the same old network and aging technologies with limited growth. Here, you will support many technologies, while partnering with talented people in your everyday work!
What You Need:
As an IT Support Specialist, you will need an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft servers, workstations, and networks, along with a high value for customer service.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ server/network administration.
- Direct experience with Windows 8, 10, and server 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Hands on experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, and Hyper-V.
- Intermediate experience with routers, switches, and troubleshooting connectivity.
- Managed Services or Technology Consulting experience a plus!
Things You Will Do:
As an IT Support Specialist, you will act as an escalation point, and troubleshoot a wide variety of challenging issues such as the following:
- Troubleshoot, and resolve user support issues while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Support desktops, servers and networks in multiple environments.
- Diagnose, configure, and resolve network issues involving routers, switches, and connectivity.
At Mode5, your role will make a significant impact to our clients each day while providing the opportunity to work with new technologies each day. Here, you will grow and develop technically and professionally. We take personal development seriously, and love to promote within.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Savings Plan with Company Match
- Certification Assistance and Bonus Reward Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Days
- Causal Work Environment
- Employee Social Events
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Incidental Telecommuting
- Employee Referral Bonus
Alt. Titles: IT Support Specialist, Help Desk Tier 2 Support, System Administrator
Must be available to work at our Norfolk office. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer