IT Support Specialist
IT Services | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
Job Title: IT Support Specialist
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Who We Are:
Mode5 is a leading IT Managed Services company providing world class technology services to businesses for the past 17 years. If you’re a strong troubleshooter, enjoy solving technical problems for others and want to work with a team of energetic and hardworking peers, then look no further!
This is not the typical stale IT job where you’re stuck working on the same old network and aging technologies with limited growth. At Mode5, you will support many unique companies, using a variety of technologies, and partnering with talented people in your everyday work!
What You Need:
We are seeking a motivated professional who enjoys helping others, learning, and deploying technical projects. As an IT Support Specialist, you will need an in-depth knowledge of implementing Microsoft servers, networks and workstations. To be successful, you will need strong communication and organizational skills partnered with a high value for customer service.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years server in system and network administration.
- Direct experience with Windows 7, 8, 10, and server 2008, 2012, 2016.
- Hands on experience configuring Active Directory, Hyper-V, Group Policy, SQL, & Exchange and RRAS.
- Intermediate experience with routers, switches, and troubleshooting connectivity.
- Managed Services or Technology Consulting experience a plus!
Things You Will Do:
As an IT Support Specialist, you will act as an escalation point, troubleshoot challenging tickets, and improve the client’s user time.
Technical challenges you as the IT Support Specialist will resolve:
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve user and desktop system issues and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Install, support, configure, and monitor software, desktops, and servers in multiple network environments.
- Respond and remove server and network virus and malware.
- Diagnose, configure, and resolve network issues involving routers, switches, and connectivity.
- Review and update tickets, documentation, and maintain client communication.
At Mode5, your role will make a significant impact to our clients each day while providing the opportunity to work with new technologies each day. Here, you will grow and develop technically and professionally. We take personal development seriously, and love to promote within.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Savings Plan with Company Match
- Certification Assistance and Bonus Reward Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Days
- Causal Work Environment
- Employee Social Events
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Incidental Telecommuting
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Volunteering Opportunities
Alt. Titles: IT Support Specialist, Help Desk Tier 2 Support, System Administrator
Must be available to work at our Norfolk office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer