IT Support Manager
IT Services | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
Job Title: IT Support Manager
Department: Managed IT Services
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
At Mode5, we are currently seeking an IT Support Manager to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated technical IT professional with a passion for delivering world class customer service in a great team-atmosphere! If you are a successful leader, have strong troubleshooting skills, and can communicate effectively, then we want you.
IT Support Manager - Help Desk Manager - IT Systems Administrator - Service Desk Supervisor
The IT Support Manager will provide technical leadership and evaluate the activities of the support staff to ensure client requests are resolved in accordance to established service level agreements. This position will manage a dynamic and committed help desk team. The IT Support Manager will set goals, performs evaluations, and provide professional growth to the staff, establishing a strong technical team to effectively accomplish Mode5’s strategic goals.
Position requires a minimum of 5+ years of leadership and management experience.
As an IT Support Manager, you will work with staff and clients implementing Microsoft Technology. You must have a proven record of leadership, outstanding communication, strong technical skills, and customer service.
Additional requirements of the IT Support Manager include:
- Minimum of 5+ years of leadership and employee management. Proven track record in leading IT support, helpdesk, or service delivery teams consisting of eight or more individuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent job experience).
- Strong knowledge of configuring and supporting Microsoft networks in a business environment
- Working knowlegde of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, Exchange, Terminal Services, Virtualization, and Citrix.
- Excellent leadership skills to deliver departmental focus, motivation and energy to the team.
- Passion for teamwork, problem solving and excellent customer service delivery in every process.
Additional responsibilities of the IT Support Manager role include:
- Practice and deliver the Mode5’s goals, vision and core values into the departmental focus and the performance of each team member.
- Provide training and growth opportunities to enhance the team members skills and effectiveness.
- Provide strong technical guidance to staff in troubleshooting, efficient resolution and act as a technical escalation as needed to help resolve client support issues.
- Develops and maintains department processes and policies to enable optimal performance and company growth.
- Monitor and ensure key department metrics are aligned and achieved with company business objectives by setting individual and team goals for department performance.
- Mange and adhere to Service Level Agreement response and resolution times to clients.
- Identify service trends and proactively drive ticket volume and client issues down.
- Lead the selection, hiring and retention of qualified support team members to maintain staffing levels as needed in department.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and by participating in professional societies or associations.
At Mode5, we provide an exciting, challenging and fun working environment to expand your career! We are committed to providing a positive work environment that encourages individual growth through training and education. We encourage our employees to be proactive in their personal growth by seeking opportunities to learn new skills and take on challenges. We foster a climate of mutual trust and respect through open channels of communication throughout our organization. You will enjoy working alongside other talented people within an organization that takes pride in what we do!
Additional benefits of the IT Support Manager role include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Paid Holidays
- Leave Plans
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Planning Assistance
- Certification Incentive Program
Join the Mode5 team! Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer