IT Service Coordinator
IT Services | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
Job Title: IT Service Coordinator
Department: Managed IT Services
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Mode5, a leading IT Solutions and Consulting Company, has spent the past 15 years providing technology services to businesses. We deliver top notch IT services, ensuring network performance and simplify technology for our clients. As a rapidly growing organization, we are continually adding new, career-driven team members. We are currently seeking an IT Service Coordinator to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated professional with the hunger and drive to learn and grow professionally in a great team-atmosphere!
This is not a typical IT department position where you will be stuck working on the same old network and aging technology. At Mode5, you will work with a diverse array of companies and variation of technology, networks, servers, equipment and software they utilize. You will provide remote dispatching with a focus on high quality customer service. If you are great at troubleshooting and able to communicate effectively, translating technical jargon into non-technical terms, then we want you.
The IT Service Coordinator position is responsible to monitor inbound service requests, coordinates dispatch and alerts for the Support and Implementation Departments; identifying if the service ticket is already being addressed or if it's a new technical issue; determining proper level of support needed; assign and dispatch the ticket (Remote Service Technician or Onsite Technician) and reviewing resolved tickets to determine if the service request can be properly closed. The service coordinator is responsible for preparing service ticket reports and necessary administrative documentation.
This individual assists in growing and developing the client’s perception of Mode5 through exceptional customer service and responsiveness. Each service ticket will be assigned to a technician a and reviewed within a structured resolution process according to the established SLA, which may involve working with other resources and vendors to deliver effective support services.
Additional responsibilities of the IT Service Coordinator role include:
- Review all inbound service requests to assign ticket priority, determine if request is new or outstanding, and dispatch tickets to technicians to resolve in accordance to service level agreement
- Answer incoming technical support calls to route or create new service tickets if needed
- Identify and assist with tickets that will be transferred between service departments
- Coordinate schedule and work requests for onsite technicians doing client support
- Review all resolved support tickets to determine if the service request can be properly closed
- As time permits, triage and assist Support team members in resolving Tier 1 bottlenecks
- Document, review and improve workflows in ticket dispatching and other work processes needed
- Establishes a high level of personal credibility and builds strong professional working relationships with clients
- From completed service tickets, conduct a Quality Assurance review following set QA practices; provide findings to management on a regular basis.
- Assists in reviewing client QA survey reports to identify trends and/or areas to strengthen.
- Assist when requested, by implementations, in coordinating client help in the transition of new client build-outs.
- Participate in ongoing training and personal development as needed for position
- Prepare and present service ticket reports to management regularly
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Support Supervisor
As a IT Service Coordinator, you will need to have strong organizational skills to ensure all service requests are organized, dispatched, and completed properly all within the designated service level agreement. Attention to detail will be necessary in this position to coordinate requests successfully. The IT Service Coordinator must also have excellent communication skills with internal technical staff and working with clients in a non-technical matter. The service department will work with Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, and Exchange technologies. Technical experience in these areas are not required, however the ability to learn quickly and grasp new technical information is necessary for the IT Service Coordinator.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional who is eager to grow, learn, and gain new skills. Qualified candidates must have superior analytical problem solving abilities. Ideal candidates are team-oriented, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, positive, and committed to excellence. You must be able to work with key personnel across multiple departments to build a shared vision for solutions.
Additional responsibilities of the IT Service Coordinator include:
- Education: Minimum associate or Bachelors degree (or equivalent job experience).
- Previous experience: Minimum of 2 year office experience. Previous service desk or dispatching experience preferred, but not required
- Technical terminology regarding Microsoft networking with desktop & servers environments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and general office computing
- Ability to organize, prepare, and analyze company reports & metrics to managements
- Previous Managed Services or Technology job experience a plus, but not required
At Mode5, we provide an exciting, challenging, and fun working environment to expand your career. The nature of the technical consulting with which we provide our clients offers our staff exposure to new and emerging technologies. We are continually growing and providing career development opportunities within our organization through internal promotions. We encourage continual training, and you can take advantage of our Employee Certification Program. You will enjoy working alongside other talented people within an organization that takes pride in what we do!
Additional benefits of the IT Service Coordinator role include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Paid Holidays
- Leave Plans
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Planning Assistance
- Certification Incentive Program
We are committed to providing a positive work environment that encourages and nurtures individual growth through training, education, and development. We encourage our employees to be proactive in their personal growth by seeking opportunities to learn new skills and take on challenges. We foster a climate of mutual trust and respect through open channels of communication throughout our organization.
Join the Mode5 team! Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer