IT Implementation Specialist
IT Services | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
Job Title: IT Implementation Specialist
Department: Managed IT Services
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Please note this position requires working from within our Norfolk office and is not telecommuting.
Mode5, a leading IT Solutions and Consulting Company, has spent the past 15 years providing technology services to businesses. We deliver top notch IT services, ensuring network performance and simplify technology for our clients. As a rapidly growing organization, we are continually adding new, career-driven team members. We are currently seeking an IT Implementation Specialist to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated professional with the hunger and drive to learn and grow professionally in a great team-atmosphere!
This is not a typical IT department position where you will be stuck working on the same old network and aging technology. At Mode5, you will work with a diverse array of companies and variation of technology, networks, servers, equipment and software they utilize. You will provide remote support and assistance with a focus on high quality customer service. If you are great at troubleshooting and able to communicate effectively, translating technical jargon into non-technical terms, then we want you.
The IT Implementation Specialist is responsible for implementing new technology projects for existing and new clients. This includes integrating new equipment, software and processes for our client networks while ensuring a smooth support transition to the Support Center. The IT Implementation Specialist will also ensure that new client networks meet our company standards and that they are ready for proper management by the Support Center. This individual reports to the Implementations Supervisor.
Additional responsibilities of the IT Implementation Specialist role include:
- Identify, troubleshoot, resolve and document user system configurations while maintaining customer satisfaction in every step of the service delivery.
- Setup and baseline new client networks and document network information.
- Assists with projects by configuring server and workstation environments.
- Manages outstanding project requests and schedule work accordingly to meet deadlines.
- Ensures that all phases of assigned projects are completed while maintaining service quality.
- Provides thorough documentation of solutions and standards as applicable.
- Utilizes remote monitoring and management software to resolve client requests.
- Establishes a high level of personal credibility and builds strong professional working relationships with client and their staff.
- Protects organization and client information in accordance with security procedures.
- Collaborates and works with other Mode5 staff and vendor support resources to resolve requests.
- Maintains required IT certifications and focuses on continuous personal development goals.
- Participates in ongoing personal training and attainment of new applicable technical certifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Implementation Manager.
As a IT Implementation Specialist, you will work with Microsoft workstation & server technology. You must have strong troubleshooting and system implementation skills. Stellar communication and customer service skills are essential for this role. You must have the technical skills necessary to deploy server, workstation and network equipment. We are seeking a highly motivated professional who is eager to grow, learn, and gain new skills.
Qualified candidates are highly organized and have superior analytical problem solving abilities. Ideal candidates are team-oriented, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, positive, and committed to excellence. You must be able to work with key personnel across multiple departments to build a shared vision for solutions, and you must possess the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
Additional responsibilities of the IT Implementation Specialist include:
- Education: Minimum Associates/Bachelors Degree or equivalent job experience.
- Previous work experience: 2 – 3 years server administration and desktop support experience desired.
- Operating System experience in the following: Win 7/8, Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and Mac OSX.
- Server hardware: Diagnostics, replacement/upgrades, monitoring, and RAID configuration.
- Server components: Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL, & Exchange and RRAS.
- Intermediate server administration skills regarding domain configuration and maintenance.
- Ability to work with end-users remotely and onsite to resolve reported issues.
- A+ / Network+ / Microsoft Certifications MCP & MCSA certifications, a plus.
- Application experience with Tigerpaw, Kaseya, or other Remote Management software, a plus.
- Managed Services or Technology Consulting job experience a plus.
At Mode5, we provide an exciting, challenging, and fun working environment to expand your career. The nature of the technical consulting with which we provide our clients offers our staff exposure to new and emerging technologies. We are continually growing and providing career development opportunities within our organization through internal promotions. We encourage continual training, and you can take advantage of our Employee Certification Program. You will enjoy working alongside other talented people within an organization that takes pride in what we do!
Additional benefits of the IT Implementation Specialist role include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Paid Holidays
- Leave Plans
- Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Planning Assistance
- Certification Incentive Program
Mode5 is a leader in providing managed services to businesses throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Our experienced and dedicated staff deliver top-notch IT services to ensure smooth network operations all while continuing our constant vision to simplify technology for our clients. Mode5’s latest cloud technology provides a simple to use cloud network that enables our clients to focus on the key mission and goals of their own organization.
We are committed to providing a positive work environment that encourages and nurtures individual growth through training, education, and development. We encourage our employees to be proactive in their personal growth by seeking opportunities to learn new skills and take on challenges. We foster a climate of mutual trust and respect through open channels of communication throughout our organization.
Join the Mode5 team! Apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer