IT Engineer Manager
IT Services | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
Job Title: IT Engineer Manager
Location: Norfolk, Virginia (In-office)
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Who We Are:
In 2023 Mode5 was named the number one MSP in Virginia and 29th in the world! We have been a leader in IT solutions and consulting providing valuable technology services for the past 20 years. This is not the typical stale IT job where you’re stuck working on the same old network and aging technologies with limited growth. Here, you will configure and implement many technologies, while partnering with talented people in your everyday work! If you are an eager professional with strong technical knowledge and enjoy working with a team of energetic and hardworking peers, then look no further!
What You Need:
As an IT Engineer Manager you will need hands-on experience and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft servers, workstations, and networks to coach and develop the team.
- Minimum 4+ years of service and leadership experience, preferably within the IT industry
- Strong Leadership skills, proven ability to coach and develop small to midsize teams.
- Strong communications, organized, and detailed oriented.
- Strong knowledge of configuring and supporting Microsoft network in a business environment.
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 SBS, Active Directory, Exchange, Terminal Services, SQL, Virtualization, and Citrix
Things You Will Do:
As the IT Engineer Manager you will ensure proper and consistent project delivery of new technologies for new and existing Mode5 clients.
- Manage onboarding process for new clients and cloud migrations.
- Oversee projects and the team resources to meet internal and external expectations.
- Enforce best practices, standard operating procedures for Implementations, and provide technical guidance and professional leadership for the department.
- Assist on projects when necessary.
At Mode5, your role will make a significant impact to our clients each day while providing the opportunity to work with new technologies each day. Here, you will grow and develop technically and professionally. We take personal development seriously, and love to promote within.
- Free Fridays! – Every other Friday off. Paid!
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Savings Plan with Company Match
- Certification Assistance and Bonus Reward Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Days
- Casual Work Environment
- Employee Social Events
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Incidental Telecommuting
- Employee Referral Bonus
Alt. Titles: Senior Systems Administrator, IT Systems Installer, Network Administrator, IT Engineer, IT Senior Engineer, IT Team Lead, Supervisor
Must be available to work at our Norfolk office. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer