Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Department: Human Resources
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Mode5 is a leading IT solutions and consulting company that has provided businesses valuable technology services for the past 15 years. We deliver top notch IT services, cloud computing and excellent technology support to our clients. As a rapidly growing organization, we are continually looking to add new career-driven team members. We are currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated professional with the hunger and drive to learn and grow professionally in a great team atmosphere!
The Human Resources Coordinator assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR Coordinator provides professional HR support by carrying out responsibilities in some or all the following: department development and employee record keeping, employee relations, communications, events, training and development, benefits, compensation, organizational development, employee performance effectiveness, and employment staffing.
Additional Human Resources Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Maintains general knowledge and understanding of human resource practices, policies and procedures to support organizational direction relating to the Mode5 core values.
- Maintains employee personal files and electronic HR records.
- Maintains and tracks employee performance review process from start to finish; including salary administration and change form process.
- Maintains and sets up employee benefit selections on an annual basis with benefit providers.
- Prepares and submits monthly HR reports on HR activities and metrics on critical tracking.
- Administers the company Applicant Tracking System and screens potential job candidates.
- Adds candidate interview notes and email communications into Applicant Tracking System.
- Assists in candidate references, coordinates job assessments to candidates and tracks results.
- Partner with leadership in the creation, development and writing of job descriptions and job postings.
- Develops and maintains company human resource policies as directed.
- Provides accurate information to employees to address employee concerns and/or inquiries.
- Tracks PTO time, corrective action documentation, personal development plans, & performance review time lines.
- Creates new hire packets, on-boarding materials and conducts a structured new employee orientation.
- Orders and coordinates in-house luncheons for meetings and employee social events.
- Maintains partnerships with college placement offices and participates in community job fairs.
- Assists in preparing annual employee climate survey and prepares notes from employee meetings.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in related professional associations.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Operations President.
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Detailed oriented and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven skills and experience in maintaining strict confidentiality and integrity as it relates to company business affairs, employee documentation and employment issues.
- Education: must have a AA degree in college, Further education and or a BA/BS degree in Human Resources or related field is a plus.
- 1-2 years HR / office administrative experience or related experience.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license / auto insurance and drives to work independently.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office, application tracking and HR software experience.
Additional Qualifications Desired (Not Required):
- PHR or other HR certifications and training.
At Mode5, we provide an exciting, challenging, and fun working environment with plenty of opportunities to expand your career. We encourage continual training and promote from within. You will enjoy working alongside other talented people within an organization that takes pride in what we do!
Additional benefits of the Human Resources Coordinator position:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Savings Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time Off Program
- Paid Holidays
- Leave Plans
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Planning Assistance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer