Desktop Support Specialist
IT Services | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
Job Title: Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Who We Are:
Mode5 is a leading IT Managed Services company providing world class technology services to businesses for the past 17 years. If you’re a strong troubleshooter, enjoy solving technical problems for others and want to work with a team of energetic and hardworking peers, then look no further!
This is not the typical stale IT job where you’re stuck working on the same old network and aging technologies with limited growth. At Mode5, you will support many unique companies, using a variety of technologies, and partnering with talented people in your everyday work!
What You Need:
We are seeking a motivated professional who enjoys helping others, solving problems, and learning. As a Desktop Support Specialist, you will need a working knowledge of Microsoft technologies, networks, and workstations. To be successful, you will need strong communication and organizational skills partnered with a high value for customer service.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of remote and onsite desktop support experience.
- Direct experience troubleshooting Windows 7, 8, 10.
- Hands on Active Directory user administration and basic network troubleshooting.
- Managed Services or Technology Consulting experience a plus!
Things You Will Do:
As a Desktop Support Specialist, you will maintain user uptime through identifying and resolving a variety of client tickets. As the Desktop Support Specialist, you will diagnose tickets remotely and onsite. You will work directly with clients, outside vendors, and other team members to find solutions.
Technical challenges you as the Desktop Support Specialist will resolve:
- Support desktops, software, and client networks.
- Assist with hardware and peripheral components.
- Install and troubleshoot software operating systems and hardware.
- Review and update client documentation.
At Mode5, your role will make a significant impact to our clients each day while providing the opportunity to work with new technologies each day. Here, you will grow and develop technically and professionally. We take personal development seriously, and love to promote within.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Savings Plan with Company Match
- Certification Assistance and Bonus Reward Program
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Days
- Causal Work Environment
- Employee Social Events
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Incidental Telecommuting
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Volunteering Opportunities
Alt. Titles: Help Desk, PC Technical Support, IT Tech Support, IT Desktop Support
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer