Desktop Support Specialist
IT Services | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
Job Title: Desktop Support Specialist
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Mode5, a leading IT Solutions and Consulting Company, has spent the past 15 years providing technology services to businesses. We deliver top notch IT services, ensuring network performance and simplify technology for our clients. As a rapidly growing organization, we are continually adding new, career-driven team members. We are currently seeking an Desktop Support Specialist to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated professional with the hunger and drive to learn and grow professionally in a great team-atmosphere!
This is not a typical IT department position where you will be stuck working on the same old network and aging technology. At Mode5, you will work with a diverse array of companies and variation of technology, networks, servers, equipment and software. You will provide remote support and assistance to our clients with a focus on high quality customer service. If you are great at troubleshooting and able to communicate effectively, translating technical jargon into non-technical terms, then we want you.
As a Desktop Support Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining user uptime and improving computing experiences through effective problem identification and resolution. This role will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service. You will receive tickets indicating a user support request and will identify and resolve the issue within the provided service level agreement. The Desktop Support Specialist will diagnose, troubleshoot and install desktop computers, peripheral equipment, network hardware, and software both remotely and onsite. The requests may involve working with other resources and vendors to deliver effective support services. You will then provide ongoing technical support and follow up with clients.
Additional Desktop Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Inspects computer equipment and follows provided checklists to properly prepare systems for delivery.
- Installs, supports, configures, evaluates, maintains, monitors and analyzes desktop computers and software in a client network environment.
- Installs or assists service staff with hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and other equipment on user's premises.
- Installs and troubleshoots specified software packages such as operating systems, Microsoft Office and other third-party software as requested.
- Utilizes remote monitoring and management software to resolve low-level client requests.
- Provides documentation and review history of client system issues and their resolutions.
- Researches system errors and solutions to resolve reported system issues.
- Establishes a high level of personal credibility, and builds strong professional working relationships with client and their staff.
- Performs system backups and remove virus and malware infections.
- Delivers equipment to clients and instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- Troubleshoots and provide hardware repairs to client computer systems.
- Coordinates activities, as needed, with other support or implementation team members.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communications.
- Establishes a high level of personal credibility and builds strong professional working relationships with client and their staff.
- Refers major hardware problems to manager for corrective direction.
- Participant in ongoing personal training and attainment of applicable technical certifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager.
As a Desktop Support Specialist, you will work with a good deal of Microsoft workstation technology. You must have strong troubleshooting and support skills. Stellar communication and customer service skills are essential for this role. You must have the technical skills necessary to support, troubleshoot, and set up workstations and equipment. We are seeking a highly motivated professional who is eager to grow, learn, and gain new skills.
Qualified candidates are highly organized and have superior analytical problem solving abilities. Ideal candidates are team-oriented, entrepreneurial, customer-focused, positive, and committed to excellence. You must be able to work with key personnel across multiple departments to build a shared vision for solutions, and you must possess the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Education: Minimum two year certificate from college or technical school or equivalent job experience.
- One year of related remote and onsite desktop support experience.
- Active Directory user administration experience preferred.
- Operating System experience in the following: Windows 7,8,10 and Mac OSX.
- Desktop hardware: Diagnostics, installation, replacement, upgrades and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of network troubleshooting, configuration and user VPN configuration.
- Ability to work with end-users remotely and onsite to resolve reported issues.
- A+ / Network+ / Microsoft Certifications MCP & MCSA certifications, a plus.
- Application experience with Tigerpaw, Kaseya, or other Remote Monitoring Management software, a plus.
- Managed Services or Technology Consulting job experience a plus.
At Mode5, we provide an exciting, challenging, and fun working environment to expand your career. The nature of the technical consulting with which we provide our clients offers our staff exposure to new and emerging technologies. We are continually growing and providing career development opportunities within our organization through internal promotions. We encourage continual training, and you can take advantage of our Employee Certification Program. You will enjoy working alongside other talented people within an organization that takes pride in what we do!
Additional benefits of the Senior IT Support Specialist position:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Simple IRA Savings Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Paid Time Off Program
- Paid Holidays
- Leave Plans
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Career Planning Assistance
Please note this position requires working from within our Norfolk office and is not telecommuting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer