Mission Bay | San Leandro, CA | Full Time
About the Company:
Since 1968, Mobilehome Communities of America / Brandenburg Staedler & Moore has been in the business of developing and operating mobile home communities throughout the Bay Area. We currently operate 14 communities in Santa Clara and Alameda Counties which provide mobile home space combined with country club style amenities for approximately 3,500 total spaces.
The Maintenance Manager works under the general direction of the Community Administrator. This position involves specific duties directing all on-site maintenance projects and following standard Company procedures in the execution of those projects. In addition, candidate will assist in all Community office procedures such as promoting effective resident relations; managing the community office; inputting information to the community billing system; collecting rent; and assuring tenant compliance with the Residency Guidelines and Community Procedures.
Maintenance of Community Facilities and Grounds:
- Responsible for the maintenance and repairs of all community buildings, equipment and common areas including swimming pool, spa and saunas in accordance with Company standards and applicable laws. Keep accurate maintenance records as required.
- Coordinate major maintenance issues with the Company Superintendent of Maintenance and keep Community Administrator informed of progress and results.
- Provide guidance and direction as to procedures and schedules to other maintenance personnel within the community.
- Oversee park wide utility distribution systems including: water, gas, electrical, sewer and storm sewer pump system. Respond to tenant emergency and utility issues, i.e. power failure, gas leaks, sewer blockages, water leaks, loss of water pressure, fire or floods, etc.
- In emergency situations, troubleshoot utility system and determine root cause. Report major observations and provide recommendations to Community Administrator and Superintendent of Maintenance and perform follow up as necessary. Contact appropriate company identified contractors to perform regular utility maintenance or respond in the event of an emergency.
- Maintain accurate utility meter records. Complete monthly meter reads and routine meter replacement as required.
- In cooperation with Community Administrator, monitor and oversee the work of landscape maintenance contractors to ensure that Community landscaping is maintained to Company standards.
- Ensure community clubhouse is maintained in a well-kept, clean and sanitary condition.
- Assist in purchasing from authorized suppliers all community janitorial and maintenance supplies and keep detailed inventories of these supplies.
- Oversee the maintenance of Company-owned homes.
- Be capable of implementing and/or directing the Community emergency program, in Community Administrators' absence.
- Perform other duties as required.
- In the Community Administrators' absence, respond promptly and completely to tenant complaints, problems and inquiries.
- Under the supervision of Community Administrator, may perform complete walk-around annual inspections of all homesites, report deficiencies to residents, and ensure that corrections are completed in a timely fashion.
- Assist Community Administrator with inspecting the exterior of homes offered for sale and the related homesite, advising residents of deficiencies and ensuring that any known deficiencies are corrected prior to sale.
- Serve or assure the proper service of legal notices as generated and/or approved by the Main Office, in Community Administrators' absence.
- Work cooperatively with all Community resident groups.
- In cooperation with Community Administrator, assure compliance with all Residency Guidelines and Community Procedures.
- Treat all Company and tenant information in a confidential manner.
- In Community Administrators' absence, report significant maintenance and resident relations problems to Property Management Department for assistance in and concurrence with proposed solutions. Maintain effective ongoing communication with the Property Management Department.
- In Community Administrators' absence, prepare and provide accurate purchase orders for all Community-purchased items and verify that contractors' work is completed.
- In Community Administrators' absence, prepare and provide to Main Office all reports and communications as requested.
- In Community Administrators' absence, serve legal documents at direction of Property Management Department. Be available to testify in court as needed.
- Cooperate and work closely with Company Superintendent of Maintenance on major maintenance problems.
- Education: Must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Prior Work Experience: 3-5 years previous work experience in apartment, mobilehome community, or related industry.
- Mechanical Skills: Must have the capability of repairing and maintaining community physical improvements. Must be proficient with the use of small tools (screwdrivers, hammers, saws, etc.) and be physically able to use larger tools, such as shovels, picks, rakes, etc. as required in the maintenance of the community. Must understand water chemical requirements and maintain the community spa and swimming pool.
- Physical Agility: In connection with maintaining the property, reading meters, responding to emergencies and performing maintenance duties as required, employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and regularly bend, stretch, and climb ladders. Must also have vision necessary to perform prescribed duties.
- Technical Skills: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Attendance: This is a full time position working at least 40 hours per week. Work hours are generally 8:00-5:00 daily. Must be available after hours to respond to a community related emergency. Overtime is considered any work extending beyond 8 hours in any work day or over 40 hours in any work week.
- License and Credentials:
Possess a valid driving license and be able to drive company vehicles. Receive satisfactory results from Company conducted background check. Background check includes: Social Security number verification, DMV record check, criminal history and past employment verification. Receive a passing grade for certification as a Certified Gas Operator after receiving company provided Gas Operator training.
- Interpersonal Relations: Must work well with and effectively relate to Community residents.
- Communication Skills: Must work well with the Community Administrator, and must communicate and cooperate effectively with the Main Office. Must be able to read and write in English and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with residents, visitors, vendors, etc.
- Knowledge of the Following:
Community emergency procedures. Safe work practices and participation in ongoing safety training. All Community underground utility systems, including location of shut-off valves. Storm drain pump system. Required maintenance schedules for all Community-owned equipment. Pool and spa maintenance procedures.
- Familiarity With:
Residency Guidelines and Community Procedures and Lot Lease Agreement. Company Community Administration Manual, and other policies and procedures. Mobilehome Residency Law. Titles 24 and 25 of the State Administrative Code and appropriate sections of the Health and Safety Code. Engineering drawings of community buildings and infrastructure.
Wage & Benefits:
- Hourly Wage: $18.00-$20.00 per hour based on level of experience.
- Part of the compensation may include the rent free use of a Company-owned mobilehome.
- Full-time employees will be eligible to participate in the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/ADD, Flex Spending Plan, 401k Plan, Personal Time Off (PTO) and Paid Company Holidays.