Software Engineer: Ruby on Rails
R&D | Brooklyn, NY
Mobile Commons is a Brooklyn-based software company whose technology powers today’s most effective text messaging campaigns. We work with some of the biggest brands, government agencies, healthcare groups, and nonprofit organizations in the country, transforming the way that our society uses mobile to communicate. Our amazing customers include Obama 2012, NYC MTA, Tumblr, National Cancer Institute, Humane Society of the United States and many more.
And with these amazing customers comes interesting & difficult engineering challenges. Our customers demand high availability, strict security (think HIPAA compliance), and an easy-to-use interface. Our distributed, message-driven architecture requires rock solid engineering, operations, and monitoring.
We are growing quickly and hiring web developers to help us scale, expand into new verticals, and build amazing new mobile products.
You’re an awesome web programmer & passionate about technology. You know what ORM is, how to use it, and have strong opinions about it. You’ve made something scale. You’ve clustered something. You’ve consumed a web service. You've rooted something. You have a favorite key-value store and a favorite data structure.
And most importantly, you want to spend your time working on something you can feel passionate about.
- Talented, highly motivated web programmers comfortable with the full technology stack, from the database to the front-end
- Experience supporting a production application is a must
- Experience with Ruby, Rails, test driven development, and security strongly preferred
- Experience scaling a distributed, message-driven architecture would be nice too :)
- Full time and on-site, reporting to CTO
Why Mobile Commons:
We are in the beautiful neighborhood of DUMBO, Brooklyn in a startup environment - hard working and very fun. Bagels for breakfast and a personal trainer in the office once a week (to work off the bagels). We offer a full benefits package, including health and 401(k). Salary competitive and commensurate with experience. If you’re looking to be stimulated, solve hard technical problems, work with smart people, invent new markets, and not deal with bureaucracy, look no further
- Submit your resume and a cover letter.
- Have a github account, tech blog, or a cached version of your embarrassingly inappropriate MySpace page? Send that too!
NO RECRUITERS. NO PHONE CALLS.