Engineering | Istanbul, Turkey | Full Time
Carla (www.rentcarla.com) is a leading car rental startup, working on a clear vision: Making car rental simple and painless for travelers.
Headquartered in Boston, MA with Istanbul development offices, Carla primarily focuses on US consumer market. We feature top car supplier brands around the world including Hertz, Enterprise, Alamo, Thrifty and Dollar.
As a backend engineer, you'll drive the continued design and development of our backend systems that allow us to process car rentals, handle reservation data and analyze trends. Our tech stack is a distributed system Java components with an Angular.js front end. Our infrastructure is based on AWS and MySQL, and we love automated testing, code review, and continuous integration.
As an engineering team, we believe good code is easy to read and understand. We expect all of our engineers to continually teach as well as learn.
We’ve grown 5x over the past year and we are looking for a top notch developer to join us in our growth journey. We've got a lot of interesting problems to solve around distributed systems, data pipelines, data analytics and predictions, system reliability and more. If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!
- Design and implement our service layer using micro services architecture
- Partner with our product manager to implement measure/analytics hooks in everything we build
- Participate in building tools and establishing processes to support the company growth
- 1-3 years of professional backend development experience preferably with Java or Go
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering
What we offer
- Competitive base salary and bonus.
- Apple products.
- Fun environment office in the center of Istanbul.
- Commuter reimbursement.
- Paid time off starting first year.