Mobile Interaction Designer (UI)
Customer Success Team | Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mobify is looking for a talented Interaction Designer to join our growing Customer Success Team. You'll be responsible for the creative execution of mobile and tablet sites for our incredible clients — including Expedia, Superdry, Crocs, Garmin, and Conde Nast. From prototyping to launch, you'll have ownership over each step in the creative process. You'll have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest brands in the world all in the fun and relaxed environment of Mobify's beautiful Yaletown, Vancouver headquarters.
We believe in pushing the limits of technology in everything we do. To this end it is essential that our Mobile Interaction Designers have a strong understanding of HTML and CSS and the ability to hand-code their designs into functioning templates.
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to prototype, design and implement mobile-first web experiences
- Work with our Producers to prioritize project tasks as well as our engineering team for the execution
- Use experience and research to identify mobile and tablet design patterns that work
- Own the creative direction and user experience for enterprise-level customer site builds
- Contribute topics and talks to weekly design meetings
- Participate in critiques and reviews with our cross-discipline design team
- Have a passion for the UI/UX design, web and mobile
- 3+ years of experience in web design
- Have the ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates rationale behind design decisions or case studies showing why design decisions were made
- Have experience designing for multiple screens, and experience creating interaction guidelines - as evidenced in your portfolio
- Have the ability to clearly explain designs to engineers and clients
- Have the ability to quickly and efficiently hand-code your designs into HTML and CSS
- Love working as part of a team and can juggle multiple projects
- Have great communication skills
- Love having ownership over your work from start to finish
- Are active on Dribbble, blogs, Twitter, CodePen or Hacker News
- Have designed sites using responsive web design techniques
- Have experience working in a start-up environment
- Are an active member of the Vancouver tech community (meetups, blog posts etc)
Mobify (www.mobify.com) is a rapidly growing Vancouver-based technology company building the next generation of adaptive web products. Our vision is to mobify the web - to make it amazing and accessible on every device. Over 75,000 developers use Mobify products to adapt their website for mobile and tablets devices. We empower customers and developers at companies like Starbucks, ideeli, Threadless, BT, Expedia, Beyond the Rack, and NBC to deliver over $100-million in mobile commerce this year, and that's just the beginning.
- You want to tackle world-class technology problems and change the way the world uses the web
- You are equally passionate about the web and making it amazing and accessible on every device
- You love to work with really smart and interesting people
- Convenient Yaletown location in beautiful Vancouver, Canada
- Competitive salary, great benefits and yoga classes and kettlebell classes right at the office!