VP of Manufacturing
Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
VP of Manufacturing
Location: Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: Management, Executive Level, Manufacturing, Furniture Industry
The VP of Manufacturing is responsible for the overall manufacturing of our North Carolina upholstery operations. This role will be instrumental in the vision of the company and will provide leadership and mentorship to ensure all company standards are met.
- Identify areas in product flow, layout, training, team development, etc. and develop new ways to improve efficiency through innovation and forward thinking
- Use an analytical mindset to drive productivity through visual benchmarks (daily, weekly, monthly, annual) throughout the factory
- Strategize and formulate needed processes and/or production improvements that will provide viable options for the overall operations of the business (ie: efficiencies, techniques, equipment, etc.), as needed
- Supervise, train, manage and mentor production teams throughout the organization
- Work and collaborate with various internal departments such as Product Development, Costing, Engineering, Purchasing, Customer Care, etc. to ensure smooth and productive work flow of material and labor through all operation of the business
- Maintain positive and collaborative vendor relationships
- Adhere to overall production schedules while continuously supporting on-time shipping standards and maintaining quality initiatives
- Bachelor degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or related field, preferred
- Must be a true hands-on leader with 10+ years of industry experience
- Experience managing multiple divisions, locations or facilities, a plus
- Lean manufacturing experience, a plus
- Possess excellent computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics AX, preferred
- Must possess the ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization using excellent written and verbal skills
- Metric driven professional with the ability to set and maintain standards against such.
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite child care, wellness clinic, gym and cafe