Manufacturing | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Location: Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: Manufacturing, Furniture
The upholstery supervisor will oversee the day to day operations of the upholstery operations and production of upholstered goods while leading and giving direction to the upholstery team. This position is responsible for production/workflow, quality, concerns, improvements, and reports that information to executive leaders. This role will assist in answering questions directly from Upholstery (inside/trim) employees, leaders within the company as well as many other cross functional departments such as Customer Service and Product Development. The production manager will be expected to lead initiatives on various issues from quality efficiency, procedure, training, and production/workflow. The ideal candidate will lead and instruct the Upholstery team so tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner. This role will also partner with human resources in managing the Upholstery department attendance and personnel issues.
- Manage, lead and motivate the upholstery team in order to meet our quality standards
- Provide accurate reporting on upholstery production schedules
- Communicate all issues and concerns of upholstery to internal departments
- Responsible for providing direction and resolution to vendor issues to our procurement and sourcing team
- Identify problem areas and assist in developing new processes to improve the overall work flow, efficiency and forward thinking needed to achieve company goals
- Work and collaborate with various internal departments to assist in identifying and resolving problems related to inventory, product set up and quality standards
- Communicate product specifications for upholstery to internal teams
- 3+ years of related experience in Upholstery or other similar field
- Background in the Furniture Industry, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Excel, Outlook, Access and Word
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, a plus
- Ability to prioritize, self-direct and lead a team
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to efficiently multi-task and prioritize appropriately
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams
- Customer-centric mindset; strongly motivated to always deliver the best possible customer experience
- Ability to push/lift up to 50 lbs.
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- 20% Employee Discount
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite wellness clinic and gym
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.