Truck Driver (short distance)
Manufacturing | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
TRUCK DRIVER (short distance)
Who are we looking for?
You are a safe, courteous driver who has a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and values a fast-paced, but predictable schedule. We are looking for an experienced and dependable Truck Driver to join our team.
Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people to help us build this brand we love.
How will you contribute?
A typical day includes a variety of responsibilities that support the cyclical transportation of goods to and from our Taylorsville and Hiddenite manufacturing facilities.
- Pick up furniture frames from our Hiddenite plant and safely transport them to our Taylorsville manufacturing facility. Return with an empty trailer to the Hiddenite plant and repeat the transportation cycle.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Assist with the loading/unloading of the trailer.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Keep truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Report defects, accidents or violations.
- Multi-task and be comfortable in a fast pace, manufacturing environment.
What you need to succeed?
- A commercial driver’s license (CDL) and are trained in safe driving best practices.
- Proven work experience as a Truck Driver.
- Clean driving record with no recent moving or driving violations.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Proficient at driving, maneuvering, and parking large vehicles
- The ability to read, understand, communicate and interpret written and verbal instructions
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must be detail-oriented and quality-minded, ensuring quality standards are consistently met in a timely manner
- Positive and professional attitude
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite childcare, wellness clinic, gym and café
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.