Senior Financial Analyst
Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: Accounting/Finance
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will play an important part in the continued progress and growth of Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams. You will be responsible for building and maintaining departmental budgets and monthly reporting and forecasts, as well as analyzing data to influence business strategy. We are looking for someone who is proactive in analyzing financial variances and can effectively communicate financial results and forecasts. You will interface directly with all levels of the organization, from department leaders to the executive leadership team.
- Preparing and maintaining reporting of company performance, including quarterly board materials, other investor materials, and executive reporting
- Investigating financial variances, trends and drivers to influence business strategy
- Assisting in the management of financials: P&Ls, balance sheets, and cash flow
- Providing ad-hoc reporting to executives and department heads
- Ongoing business/investment decision support through pro-forma creation, ROI analysis, sensitivity analysis, valuation, etc.
- Completion of Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations
- Partnering with department leaders to drive business performance and optimize resource allocation
- Support of all relevant planning cycles (long-range planning, annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, weekly cash forecasting, etc.), including process development, establishment of timelines, identification of key stakeholders and ownership of cross-functional partnerships to establish assumptions and create operational buy-in.
- Collaborating with budget owners to develop the annual financial plan and updating forecasts based on actual results and business needs.
- Assisting with special projects to improve process efficiencies and performance.
Candidates should thrive and find success within a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong problem-solving, leadership and multitasking skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong General Ledger entry, research and analysis skills
- Experience with accounting and enterprise resource planning software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Power BI strongly preferred
- Must possess the ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization using excellent written and verbal skills
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Onsite wellness clinic, gym and café
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.