Senior Accounting Analyst
Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Senior Accounting Analyst
Location: Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: Accounting
The Senior Accounting Analyst responsibilities include:
- Performing day-to-day general ledger accounting, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Researching and resolving management inquiries from cross functional departments.
- Performing month-end and year-end close for assigned functional areas.
- Researching and preparing variance analysis and explanations.
- Performing Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations, sales tax filings, accounts payable review, bank reconciliations, fixed asset maintenance, and other related accounting documents/schedules.
- Performing special projects to improve process efficiencies and performance.
- Cross training as back-ups for other staff members.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- 1-2 years of public accounting experience or 2-3 years in a similar role, preferred
- Strong problem-solving, leadership and multitasking skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong General Ledger entry, research and analysis skills
- Experience with accounting and enterprise resource planning software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with advanced Excel skills
- Must possess the ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization using excellent written and verbal skills
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite child care, wellness clinic, gym and café
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.