Retail POS Business Analyst
Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
ABOUT MITCHELL GOLD + BOB WILLIAMS
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Our brand is represented via domestic and international signature stores, boutique independent retailers, national chains and a growing contract division. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Retail POS Business Analyst
Location: Taylorsville, NC (Charlotte, Hickory area)
The Retail POS Business Analyst will assist in leading and supporting the growth and expansion for our Retail Point of Sales and related functions. This position will work closely with Corporate Management, Retail Management, store personnel and 3rd party software vendors on a variety of full life cycle projects to translate functional/business requirements and implement solutions.
- Provide POS software support to all MG+BW Company Owned Retail Stores and Corporate Retail associates
- Design business solutions and systems of a complex, interrelated nature and manage their implementation
- When appropriate, work with the Retail IT Help Desk to provide operational support to all MG+BW company owned retail stores
- Maintain the system data including, merging duplicate customers, email removal, customer and lead reassignment
- Organize and implement enhancements in the POS software (Storis) as well as coordinating Storis training programs
- Participate in assigned ERP activities as it relates to interfacing transactions (sales orders, purchase orders, shipments, etc.) between the POS (Storis) and the ERP platform (Microsoft Dynamics AX)
The ideal candidate will have a proven background in a retail setting with a strong sense of customer service, team partnership and self-motivation. They will be deadline driven with an overall willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges.
- Associate degree in Communications, Business, IT Communications or related field is required. Bachelor degree is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience as a Business or Systems Analyst with retail point of sale systems (Storis, a plus)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and written
- Experience with project planning, project estimating, progress reporting and cross functional business teams
- Excellent report writing skills utilizing Excel and other Microsoft tools to import and export data. Familiarity with SQL Server 2012, a plus
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce or other CRM
- Experience supporting EDI, Pos, Acks, ASNs, Invoices and Inventory Advice
- Experience with Configure-to-Order and Make-to-Stock manufacturing as well as Global Procurement, preferably with a furniture manufacturer or home furnishings company preferred
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities at one time
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite child care, wellness clinic, gym and café