Retail HR Director
Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility, and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Retail HR Director manages all human resource functions for our signature store operations which includes employee relations, training and development, recruiting and retention, compliance, and various initiatives. The Retail HR Director communicates across the organization to ensure standards are aligned and being executed.
Who we’re looking for…
An effective leader with excellent communication skills, strong decision-making ability, results-driven, self-motivated with the ability to inspire and motivate a team, while maintaining confidentiality. You must have the ability to excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. You should be able to build and maintain a positive and productive relationship with employees across all areas of the business.
- Direct the development and administration of human resources policies and practices in accordance with company objectives and state and federal legal requirements specific to retail
- Develop and manage the performance management process including a system for communicating information to management.
- Advise and assist with employee performance issues, counseling, warnings, action plans, and development plans
- Investigate any employee concerns in a timely manner and determine appropriate next steps
- Direct the development and administration of employee engagement strategies
- Partner with Safety and Risk Manager to ensure a safe work environment is provided for all employees. Ensure required safety trainings are implemented and completed
- Ensure that all state and federally mandated trainings are up to date, implemented and completed
- Review and analyze wage and salary reports and data to establish competitive compensation plans for retail
- Review and analyze legislation across multiple states and jurisdictions and make recommendations for necessary changes
- Partner with senior leadership to create and implement the strategic framework for the business
- Oversee the development, management, and execution of recruiting and retention strategies
- Oversee the day-to-day administrative duties in partnership with the Retail HR Coordinator
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 5-7 years’ experience in HR with retail / store experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of HR principles and practices
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to work across all levels of management
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite childcare, wellness clinic, gym and café
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.