Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Location: Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: Purchasing, Procurement, Manufacturing
The Purchasing Specialist oversees the procurement of raw materials for the production of upholstered furniture in a manufacturing environment.
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for maintaining the inventory of raw materials, while holding vendors accountable for ship dates and quality of good received. The Purchasing Specialist will also work directly with internal production departments and quality control teams to facilitate a smooth transition of goods throughout the production cycle. One of the primary responsibilities and overall key to success in the role will be the ability to create, run and monitor various reports to drive the process.
- 2+ years of purchasing experience required, related furniture industry background is preferred
- Experienced in purchasing raw materials with knowledge of MRP processes in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Outlook and Word is required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Superb organizational skills along with a strong understanding of how to prioritize daily tasks
- The ability to manage timelines effectively
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Should be detail oriented, have the ability to communicate at all levels, be self-motivated and deadline driven.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in both written and verbal communication
- A desire to work as part of a team and be willing to be cross trained in other areas, if needed
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics AX, a plus
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite child care, wellness clinic, gym and cafe
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.