Product Engineer - Furniture
Manufacturing | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Location: Corporate, Taylorsville
Position Type: Furniture, Engineering, CAD
The Product Engineer will be responsible for engineering upholstered furniture to be manufactured more efficiently without sacrificing the aesthetic or quality of the product. This role will work collaboratively with the Product Development team as it relates to the creation, development and/or improvement of upholstery designs.
- Perform ongoing competitive research to generate innovative and creative engineering solutions and evaluate overall value of different concepts and designs in furniture
- Collaborate with the Designers, Frame Builders, Pattern Makers and Upholsterers to ensure all designs are efficient and effective
- Apply mechanical engineering principles, material science and manufacturing processes as they relate to the production of upholstered furniture
- Communicate technical information in a digestible format to make material and manufacturing process recommendations
- Troubleshoot design and/or manufacturing issues as they arise
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field, required
- 5+ years of product development experience within the furniture industry, specifically working with seating, frames, fabric and foam
- Strong understanding of the upholstery manufacturing process
- Demonstrated experience in implementing innovative manufacturing techniques
- Ability to produce conceptual drawings, concept development, design, analysis, testing, troubleshooting and prototyping
- Proficient in 2D and 3D design using AutoCAD, Rhino, Blender and Inventor
- A desire to work in a creative, friendly and fast-paced environment
- A great attitude with the ability to collaborate with the team, but also function independently
- The ability to clearly and concisely communicate in visual, written and verbal form
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite child care, wellness clinic, gym and café
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.