Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time | Opened about 1 month ago
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Location: Corporate, Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: Corporate
As a Merchandise Planner you will work closely with the Buying, and Allocation teams to develop and review assortment plans and manage OTB strategies. This role works as an integral part of the Merchandising and Planning and Allocation teams by identifying risks and opportunities and making recommendations to ensure that we are maximizing the profitability of the assortment.
- Develop and maintain merchandise plans for several categories of product
- Make recommendations to the buying team on product receipt and liquidation timing
- Ensure delivery of the financial objectives of the area through accurate and proactive management and forecasting of sales, mark-up and markdowns.
- Develop and deliver merchandise analysis to inform and guide executive decision making
- Partner with allocation on the timing and quantity of receipts of new and existing product to flow into the stores
- Support the department’s weekly reporting needs
- Maintain and update the open-to-buy daily, weekly and monthly, as needed
- Participate in a cross-functional team
- Guide team and implement sales strategies
- Share extensive knowledge of MG+BW collections with clients as well as staff
- Provide support to store management and associates during peak periods or when scheduling conflicts arise.
- Sell merchandise alongside sales staff and provide in-home design services for clientele
- Shop competition and keep up to date on competitive issues
- Utilize company reports to react to trends and drive business
- Responsible for analyzing sales data and composing a weekly recap to Director of Stores on sales performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance
- Five+ years' experience in Planning and/or Allocation
- Prior managerial/supervisor experience
- Technical knowledge in PC based systems and application software (systems like: JDA Allocation, Arthur Planning, MMS and/or Island Pacific are useful)
- Prior retail experience preferred
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work with and influence senior management
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Participation in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans. Supplemental insurance offered
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.