Material Handler - Cutting
Manufacturing | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
ABOUT MITCHELL GOLD + BOB WILLIAMS
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Our brand is represented via domestic and international signature stores, boutique independent retailers, national chains and a growing contract division. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Material Handler - Cutting
*Signing bonus of $1,500 paid in equal installments after 30, 60 & 90 days of employment*
Location: Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: Manufacturing
The material handler will work with various teams on providing support to our cutting teams in assisting with offloading fabric or leather, bundling, sorting and transitioning the work to the appropriate departments as requested. The qualified candidate will be energetic with an enthusiasm to learn new skills. In this position, you will learn the basics of automated cutting operations that could lead to additional growth as a cutting operator.
- Assist with the day-to-day cutting operations
- Bundle fabric or leather for cutting team as the pieces come off the machines.
- Transition the bundles efficiently to the next location
- Assist with moving fabric/leather inventory to and from cutting machines
- Support Fabric / Leather Inventory Manager in keeping automated cutting machine areas clean and orderly
The ideal material handler candidate will be self-motivated and task-driven with strong attention to detail. In addition, this candidate will possess the following traits:
- Perform general tasks such as gathering and organizing information, data entry, and file maintenance
- Ability to multi-task and manage many responsibilities and projects at one time
- Knowledgeable with inventory management systems
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs
- Computer skills and proficiency desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook is a plus
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- 20% Employee Discount
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite wellness clinic, gym and café
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.