Furniture Design Associate
Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
ABOUT MITCHELL GOLD + BOB WILLIAMS
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Our brand is represented via domestic and international signature stores, boutique independent retailers, national chains and a growing contract division. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Furniture Design Associate
Location: Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: CAD, Design, Drafting, Furniture Manufacturing
The Furniture Design Associate will be responsible for assisting the Product Development team in CAD drafting, 3D modeling, rendering, trend and market research and the creation of presentations. This position will be supporting all divisions within product development including Upholstery, Casegoods, Accessories, etc. The Furniture Design Associate will work with various teams on multiple projects simultaneously from concept to reality.
The ideal Furniture Design Associate candidate will be self-motivated and task driven with strong attention to detail. In addition, this candidate will possess the following traits:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Furniture Design, Product Design or related field
- 1+ years of design experience specifically within furniture design and product development
- Proficient in 2D and 3D design using AutoCAD, Rhino or Blender
- Vray, Keyshot and/or other rendering program experience is required
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- General understanding of design as it relates to both Upholstery and Casegoods products
- A desire to work in a creative, friendly and fast-paced environment
- A great attitude with the ability to collaborate with the team, but also function independently
- The ability to clearly and concisely communicate in visual, written and verbal form
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite child care, wellness clinic, gym and café
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.