Dynamics AX Application Manager
Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Dynamics AX Application Manager
Location: Taylorsville, NC (Charlotte, NC area)
Position Type: Manufacturing, IT, Programming, Developer, Microsoft Dynamics 2012
The Dynamics AX Application Manager will assist in leading and supporting the growth and expansion for our ERP systems and related functions. The Dynamics AX Application Manager will be responsible for managing our in-house development team and will coordinate activities with various outsourced contractors. While this is a managerial role, there is also an expectation that the Dynamics AX Application Manager is a competent Software Developer and able to translate functional/business requirements to technical specifications.
The ideal Dynamics AX Application Manager must have strong leadership skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, and a proven background in a manufacturing setting. In addition, will have a strong sense of customer service, be self-motivated, deadline driven and have the willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges while functioning as a team.
- Associates Degree in Business or Information Technology required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Dynamics AX 2012 experience is required.
- 5+ years of hands-on application management or development experience utilizing Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing a staff of 6-10 Application Developers providing day-to-day oversight and guidance of the company's wholesale application business systems.
- Experience with strategic planning, managing resources, project planning, project estimating, progress reporting and cross functional business teams.
- Ability to work closely with other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions.
- Experience with overseeing design, development, integration and deployment of applications systems and services as well as implementing / enforcing application development standards and procedures.
- Experience with Configure-to-Order and Make-to-Stock manufacturing as well as Global Procurement preferably with a furniture manufacturer or home furnishings organization.
- Experience developing integrations for Dynamics AX using AIF.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving complex issues.
- Experience supporting EDI, POs, Acks, ASNs, Invoices and Inventory Advice
- Solid knowledge of SDLC and IT best practices with experience in the Analysis, Design, and Coding of functionality and reports within the Microsoft technology stack
- Hands-on Microsoft Dynamics AX Object Oriented programming experience utilizing X++, C#, VB.net or other object-oriented programming using Visual Studio.
- Hands-on experience with relational database management and writing T-SQL specifically with SQL Server 2012.
- Experience with SSRS Report Development is required.
- Experience with Retail POS Systems is considered a plus.
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite child care, wellness clinic, gym and cafe
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.