Director of Visual Merchandising
Retail | New York, NY | Full Time
Who we are and why you should join!
We are... a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility, and education.
Our culture is... a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
- Comfort. We provide comfort to everyone; our work environment is one of acceptance and is welcoming to everyone, just as they are.
Service. We provide excellent service not only to our clients, but also to our fellow colleagues by lending a helping hand without expecting anything in
- Respect. We create an environment of mutual respect by smiling, saying hello, being pleasant, patient and professional with one another.
Director of Visual Merchandising Taylorsville, NC or New York City Metro
We currently have an opportunity for a Director of Visual Merchandising to lead our outstanding visual team. This role will be responsible for creating, implementing and maintaining visual standards and providing corporate direction relating to brand presentation.
- Develop, maintain, analyze, and adjust seasonal floor plans for each store within a multi-store region
- Partner with corporate, field management, and staff to recognize and address brand presentation at the store level to maximize sales.
- Direct the visual standards as it relates to store styling, window displays, exterior appearance and general conditions of the showroom.
- Plan visual rotation schedule and communicate consistently and effectively to meet the needs of assigned stores.
- Assist and participate in the seasonal retail market, retail catalog photography, new store openings, and other special projects as requested.
- Responsible for creating visual displays to drive traffic, increase conversion and lift sales volume.
- Continue to Test and Trial new store layouts with the intention of improving brand perception.
- Consider Categorial sales in all showroom layouts (i.e. how to increase cash and carry through visual merchandising, display; how to increase casegood sales by trailing new merchandising techniques.
- Brief marketing on all signage, visual needs for each in-store promotion/window change.
- Maintain and work to develop best in class in-store signage to lift brand and improve customer experience.
The ideal Director of Visual Merchandising candidate will have great taste that is right for our brand, a strong understanding of retail space planning and a personality that fits with our caring, creative, and high-energy team. In addition, this candidate will possess the following traits:
- Minimum 8 years of retail visual merchandising experience, preferably in a multi-store management role
- Experience working for a high-end reputable brand, preferably in home goods or home furnishings
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills are required to be successful in this role
- Ability to self-direct and manage a team of Regional Visual Merchandisers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience with AutoCAD a plus
- Regional and national overnight travel required
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits.
- Competitive salary + performance incentives
- Excellent health, dental and vision coverage + supplemental insurance options
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- 20% Employee Discount
- Scholarship Program
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.