Director of Procurement
Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Director of Procurement
Location: Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: Procurement, Supply Chain, Purchasing
Director of Procurement will be responsible for managing all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of goods, with a key focus on imported finished products. The primary goals will be to improve processes, while maintaining the quality standards of goods received as well as maintain established inventory positions for such goods.
- Ensure the execution of existing standards, policies, procedures and overall strategies are followed to ensure on-time shipping for our customers.
- Identify areas of improvement throughout the supply chain in order to gain operational efficiencies for sourced goods.
- Maintain and develop new best practices relative to vendor performance and build metrics to support key business objectives.
- Analyze historical trends and data in order to drive and ensure operational excellence.
- Develop and maintain strong and smart business relationships with all suppliers and business partners through communication and technology.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external departments to ensure clear and thorough communication is in place regarding the various stages of the procurement cycle relative to incoming goods.
- Assist applicable internal departments and category owners, specific to procurement actives, to ensure a cohesive message is provided to vendors and suppliers.
- Periodic travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field
- SPSM / CPIM Certification preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in project management of supply chain and/or global procurement
- Strong understanding of ERP systems and procurement platforms, familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics AX, a plus
- Analytical mindset with ability to manage data and utilize key metrics to drive business initiatives
- Experience managing and partnering with overseas suppliers
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to proactively identify potential issues and create timely solutions
- Must possess the ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization using excellent written and verbal skills
- Lean manufacturing experience, a plus
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.