Director of Digital Experience
Corporate | Statesville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Director of Digital Experience
Location: Statesville, NC
Position Type: eCommerce, retail
The Director of Digital Experience is responsible for collaborating with cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the digital channels including, business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other website design, web development, online marketing, and web analytics. In addition to leading the high growth eCommerce channel this role will be responsible for supporting all web and digital needs for our brick and mortar retail stores and our whole sale and contract businesses.
- Lead in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans with other members of the cross functional team supporting the digital business.
- Serve as a liaison and primary point of contact within the digital organization for cross functional partners acting as a project manager to evaluate, prioritize, develop, manage, implement and test initiatives while ensuring efficient integration with the rest of the company’s enterprise systems.
- Evaluate current infrastructure, identify technologies and initiate projects designed to improve security, scalability and reliability of the digital products.
- Build and lead a cohesive team of internal and external personnel to effectively develop digital solutions that react to changing nature of the business.
- Partner and communicate with cross-functional internal teams to monitor, analyze, forecast and report on performance of the digital business.
- Manage the user experience of the website including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel and promotional campaigns.
- Develop and oversee the effective planning, QA and execution of content across the websites and online marketing campaigns to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all content publishing.
- Maximize brand awareness through the ecommerce website and associated marketing tools.
- Partner closely with marketing to plan, develop, create, execute and analyze digital marketing and social media campaigns focused on initiatives across multiple social channels and digital marketing channels (display, email, etc.).
- Partner closely with marketing to plan, prioritize, and successfully execute on ROI positive SEO initiatives (keyword targeting, content creation, internal/external linking, semantic markup, etc.) to maximize impact on traffic and revenue.
- Provide expertise on current eCommerce industry best practices. Consult on cross-functional projects to ensure digital best practices are incorporated.
- Identify new areas of eCommerce opportunity beyond current organizational thinking
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a growing B2C digital business.
- Broad digital marketing experience with some general retail industry experience desirable. Must have demonstrated career growth, and experience with successful project and/or people management.
- Technical comprehension of unified business platforms.
- Must be comfortable working within a collaborative environment and leading direct reports.
- Proven experience applying digital strategies to major business initiatives and maintain an understanding of the brand, product, and consumer.
- Must be flexible and have strong collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational, communication, project management and influencing skills are required.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Candidates with strong visual/graphics backgrounds preferred.
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite child care, wellness clinic, gym and cafe
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.