Director Human Resources (Omni Channel)
Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Director Human Resources (Omni Channel)
Location: Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: Human Resources
The Director Human Resources (Omni Channel) manages all human resource functions for our signature store locations, virtual sales team, wholesale team, and other customer and consumer-facing functions such as Marketing and Creative. Core responsibilities include talent management, employee relations, training and development, recruiting and retention, compliance, and various initiatives. The Director HR communicates across the organization to ensure standards are aligned and being executed, and talent is being nurtured and cultivated in accordance with our brand and shared standards.
- Oversee the development, management and execution of recruiting and retention strategies in partnership with the Talent Acquisition Manager
- Oversee the development, management and execution of training strategies including on-boarding policies in partnership with the Retail Learning & Development Manager
- Oversee the day-to-day administrative duties in partnership with the Retail HR Coordinator
- Strong recruiting program with positive ROI and an engaged Talent Acquisition Manager
- Visible ROI on learning and development programs within retail
Employee Relations & Development
- In partnership with the Manger, Talent Acquisition, lead recruiting, onboarding, and development of new hires to support new and existing channels of customer integration including stores, virtual selling, wholesale selling, and office support roles.
- Direct the development and administration of human resources policies and practices in accordance with company objectives and state and federal legal requirements specific to retail
- Develop and manage the performance management process including a system for communicating information to management. This includes performance review, talent calibration, disciplinary action and exit interviews.
- Advise and assist with employee performance issues, counselling, warnings, action plans and development plans.
- Investigate any employee concerns related to unfair treatment, harassment or hostile work environment to either validate or refute and determine appropriate next steps.
- Direct the development and administration of employee engagement strategies.
- Review and analyze wage and salary reports and data to establish competitive compensation plans for retail
- Review and analyze legislation across multiple states and jurisdictions and make recommendations for necessary changes
- Partner with senior leadership to create and implement the strategic framework for the business
- Review and analyze trends in recruiting and training and ensure best practices are being followed
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or comparable experience
- Experience in a retail / omni channel environment
- Thorough understanding of HR principles and practices,
- Strong Interpersonal skills,
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions,
- Commitment to excellence and high standards,
- Ability to work across all levels of management,
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills,
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm,
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary + performance incentives
- 401k with company match
- Participation in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans. Supplemental insurance offered
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Scholarship Program
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.