Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Location: Taylorsville, NC (Hickory, Charlotte area)
Position Type: Management, Sales, Retail, Design
We are looking for an experienced Director of FP&A who can help build a sophisticated FP& A Function based on deep understanding of business operations. This person will be a close business partner to the Chief Financial Officer and will be relied upon heavily to create sustainable and reliable finance processes to generate accurate and timely reporting and analysis. Not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get the immediate tasks done, but also has the strategic ability and business acumen to be part of the long-term growth plan.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader and have 10+ years of business experience, with recent experience in a similarly sized Retail/Manufacturing company. Strong interpersonal impact, confidence and presence are critical. Prior experience working in a private, private equity backed, or family business setting is desired.
The person must be able to quickly develop an understanding of the organization’s operational characteristics, business drivers and culture. Critical to this is an understanding of the operational moving parts of the organization and their interplay with respect to financial planning and analysis
Experience + Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in finance/accounting required, MBA degree preferred
- 8-10 years of progressive FP&A experience with 5+ year’s minimum in a leadership role managing finance professionals and staff.
- Experience managing an FP&A function within a large and complex organization (> $125 million in revenue)
- Experience and comfort, working in a fast-paced business environment with ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and manage complexity of a multiple information system environment.
- Highly proficient in financial analysis and model building
- Experience developing and leading annual budgeting processes with multiple stakeholders in large and complex organizations
- Proven track record of implementing or improving financial reporting systems
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Highly flexible and adaptable, with operational growth, particularly with technology and systems
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with a strong customer service orientation
- Excellent track record of leading, managing, and developing high-performing teams
- Keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills, and experience providing leadership with process improvements and streamlining financial operations
- Experience in an outsourced manufacturing company with highly engineered products, comfort with a variety of product costing methodologies.
- Experience working in a private, private equity backed, or family owned company
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, database, financial and reporting systems
- Knowledge of STORIS, Sequel would be a plus, Demandware for ecommerce platform.
- Highly analytical and adept at processing and breaking down data into actionable information.
- Thrives in fast-changing environments, and is willing to take educated risks and to consider and solicit new and untested approaches.
- A team player, willing to help out in areas outside of direct responsibility; orientation that success of company will generate success for the individual.
- Excellent communicator in both written and verbal mediums; anticipates needs of the audience and tailors communications appropriately; ability to synthesize complex concepts.
- Ability to synthesize complex information
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; demonstrates a strong desire to win.
- Ability to develop executive presentations and present
- Operates with a high degree of intellectual curiosity; he/she pushes out of their individual comfort zone to learn and grow.
- Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; additionally, broad and diverse knowledge and perspective outside of the company.
- Confident, open and willing to confront difficult issues and challenge others to create positive change.
- Knowledge of Icovia room planning software a plus
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary + performance incentives
- 20% Employee Discount
- Participation in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans. Supplemental insurance offered
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.