Custodian/Housekeeper First Shift
Manufacturing | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time | Opened 23 days ago
About Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams:
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Who we are and why you should join!
We are... a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education.
Our culture is... a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Comfort. We provide comfort to everyone; our work environment is one of acceptance and is welcoming to everyone, just as they are.
Service. We provide excellent service not only to our clients, but also to our fellow colleagues by lending a helping hand without expecting anything in return.
Respect. We create an environment of mutual respect by smiling, saying hello, being pleasant, patient and professional with one another.
Location: Corporate, Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: Manufacturing/Custodial
Performi disinfecting and preventative maintenance in designated areas. Possess general cleaning skills and traditional disinfecting methods (spray, dwell, wipe) to be utilized in a manufacturing setting
- 1 year general cleaning experience a plus
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 80 poinds
- General cleaning, pulling trash, dusting, cleaning restrooms, vacuuming, and other cleaning duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing Restrooms and other high touch areas in the plant several times during the shift
- Keep to cleaning schedules that are set-up by the by the organization, i.e. cleaning of windows, mopping floors, dusting, and sweeping
- Empty trash bins on a regular basis
- Put up signs to signal wet floors during cleaning or to show any other form of safety situation in the surroundings
- Re-stock materials like toilet paper and hand towels in the wash rooms
- Carry out extra cleaning duties as ordered or instructed by supervisors
- Make sure assigned cleaning tasks are executed in a timely and orderly manner
- Make reports to supervisor concerning repairs that have to be made (which have been noticed while carrying out daily duties)
- When in contact with hazardous materials, inform the appropriate authorities to handle the situation
- Prescribe appropriate cleaning materials and products needed for disinfecting and sanitizing the specified areas of the building according to the organization’s standards
- Always make proper cleaning logs and records that show areas of the building that have been cleaned; also design a cleaning schedule
- Other duties as assigned
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary + performance incentives
- Participation in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans. Supplemental insurance offered
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Scholarship Program
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.