Corporate | Taylorsville, NC | Full Time
ABOUT MITCHELL GOLD + BOB WILLIAMS
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Our brand is represented via domestic and international signature stores, boutique independent retailers, national chains and a growing contract division. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Location: Taylorsville, NC
Position Type: CAD, Design, Drafting, Furniture Manufacturing
The main function of the CAD Operator is to receive new patterns from the Product Development department, digitize “hand patterns” by entering them into CAD and ensure that the measurements in the CAD system correlate with the actual hand patterns. The CAD Operator will also be responsible for nesting patterns in a way that creates the greatest fabric yield with the fewest cuts.
The ideal CAD Operator candidate will be self-motivated, have a strong ability to visualize concepts with good communication and follow through. In addition, this candidate will possess the following traits:
- 1+ years of experience working in the furniture or textile industry
- Proficient in 2D CAD, Lectra systems preferred
- General understanding of how cloth and leather parts are sewn together
- A desire to work in a creative, friendly and fast-paced environment
- A great attitude with the ability to be a team player, but also function independently
- The ability to communicate well using excellent written and verbal skills
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Option to participate in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans as well as supplemental insurance
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Scholarship Program
- Onsite child care, wellness clinic, gym and cafe
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.