Art Director (Partial remote)
Corporate | Remote, NC | Full Time
ABOUT MITCHELL GOLD + BOB WILLIAMS
Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is a fast-growing, industry-leading brand that is known for classic modern furnishings with great comfort & style, as well as a commitment to equality, environmental responsibility and education. Our brand is represented via domestic and international signature stores, boutique independent retailers, national chains and a growing contract division. Since our start in 1989, we've created a culture of respect, equality and a commitment to helping employees reach their potential and lead more comfortable lives.
Location: Flexible; Candidate needs to be able to be onsite in the Taylorsville, NC office (Charlotte suburb) and Greensboro, NC as needed.
Position Type: Marketing
This role brings to life the creative look and feel for our seasonal product launches. The creative executed by this role is integral to visually communicating product design and interior lifestyles. The proper design and art direction combined with the right content drives customer engagement with the brand. Visual content created from this role directly translates the brands marketing needs, ultimately driving revenue for the business. Our ultimate goal as a brand is to create impactful, and innovative design for the home and to engage and educate the customer on our key initiatives and our impact to the community.
Catalog art direction sits within the brand creative design and photo teams. Other teams within creative team include: print design, print photo direction, digital design, ecom photo direction, and video art direction. Social, editorial, merchant, marketing and photo production teams partner with art director.
* Operates with a solid grasp of MG+BW brand's aesthetic. Elevates and evolves the photo aesthetic + storytelling while supporting the overall brand direction.
* Elevate the MG+BW brand direction through on brand & innovative art direction & set design that stands out from our competitors.
* Collaborate with the Directors of Photography and Creative on seasonal photo direction.
* Partner with Photo, Editorial, and Merchant teams to develop story concepts to support key product initiatives for each season.
* Work closely with Director of Photography and merchant partner in paginating and merchandising all catalogs.
* Partner with Producer to manage shoot crew in studio or on location and lead a shoot efficiently and effectively
* Creatively manage shoot with internal team and production partners
* Collaborate and clearly communicate with Stylist and Photographers to ensure concepts and brand vision are compelling.
* Maintain and drive pace on set to execute and complete shot counts for both print and digital related content.
* Integrate editorial content into print material and collaborate closely with copy team to communicate brand messaging.
* Partner with the design and production team to ensure that all materials related to the catalog and other direct to consumer collateral upholds the seasonal vision.
* Work with production at earliest stage to ensure the most innovative creative yet cost-effective approach
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
You'll need a strong understanding of print design and photo art direction and the ability to lead a team to beautiful, innovative concepts. Knowledge in interiors, art, and fashion will ultimately help create aspirational, new content and set us apart from other retail brands. Key attributes include love for collaboration, strong communication skills and sense of ownership and urgency in delivering quality in all projects. To be successful here you'll also have a flexible personality to be able to thrive in the fast paced, reactive environment. Adept and agile in an evolving landscape of content creation. Knowledge of InDesign in order to shoot into layouts on set. Set design and production experience.
* Entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, creativity, and sense of purpose
* Collaboration and disposition of giving and helping others
* Ability to appreciate, inspire, and be inspired by others
* A passion for helping people express their style and tell their story at home
* A willingness to dig in and contribute
* Excitement about the opportunity to make great things happen for the customer and our brand
* Drive for personal challenge and growth
* Bachelor's degree in art/design
* 3-5 years of experience in art direction
* 5+ years graphic experience in a retail environment or design firm
* Editorial design experience preferred
* Strong storytelling/narrative capability
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
* Management skills a plus
* Strong time management, communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to multi-task
* Ability to adhere to deadlines
* Ability to adapt to changing business needs while maintaining creative quality.
* Knowledge of post- production (but not required to execute these skills)
* Understanding that we are a retail brand and need to sell product, not just aspiration
* Know their limitations within creative development as it relates to budget.
Compensations and Benefits:
We offer a wide range of career opportunities with excellent benefits. Above all, we're looking for passionate, talented, hard-working, nice people with great taste to help us build this brand we love.
- Competitive salary + performance incentives
- 401k with company match
- Participation in company health (medical, dental) insurance plans. Supplemental insurance offered
- Promote work/life balance including paid time off and paid holidays
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Scholarship Program
We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.