Sr. Electrical Design Engineer
MCE | Huntington Beach, CA | Full Time
Sr. Electrical Design Engineer
The talented individual will have a strong background in Power Electronics, Passion for new technologies strong verbal and written communication skills and be a strong Team Player.
- Researches innovative technological approaches to devise new technological solutions and findings and knowledge to influence product roadmaps.
- Responsible for preparing customer facing technical materials providing thought leading technical solutions and perspectives.
- Interfaces with customers to understand problems and applications, uses feedback to generate and drive new product design requirements.
- Participates in product design from concept to production release in accordance with internal project management process. These activities to include all cycles of product development from design, test, debugging, EMC, safety compliance etc.
- Conduct experimental laboratory tests and evaluate results, such as electrical performance, electromagnetic compliance (EMC), etc
- Leads and/or participates in developing product functional specifications, theory of operation, design verification test procedures and creates various technical assets for products.
- Leads and/or participates in design, analysis and development of electronic circuit design for embedded hardware, mixed signal and power conversion circuitry.
- Provide technical thought leadership on multi-disciplinary design team of electrical, mechanical, technicians, manufacturing etc, through complete product development cycles.
- Diligently executes design concepts through a combination of computer simulation, laboratory empirical testing and design verification testing.
- Execute discipline of maintaining records of design calculations, simulations, tests and other design records in project repository.
- Develops engineering test plans to verify electrical, environmental and functional compliance of the design to it functional specification.
- Minimum 4+ years of Engineering experience Designing Power Electronics Hardware.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for documentation creation, discussions, correspondence etc. Mandarin speaking is an asset.
- Experience in system design using Lithium Ion batteries and related BMS, Inverters, Chargers, and Renewable Energy Industry experience, preferred.
- Solid history of execution on several development projects from concept to industrialization.
- Experience designing single phase power conversion products up to 10KW.
- Knowledgeable designing with and selecting IGBTs, IGBT gate drivers, MOSFETs and MOSFET gate drivers. Component loss and stress calculations and design margin application. Component selection for semiconductors and passive components.
- Knowledge in hardware design and interfacing embedded microcontrollers and FPGA’s.
- Familiarity or design experience in communication protocols such as Modbus/TCP, EtherNet/IP, CAN, USB etc.
- Solid understanding of good product design principles and standards, including those for hardware, firmware, and product safety.
- Performed worst case analysis and strong knowledge and familiarity with design for reliability (DFR), design for Quality (DFQ), FMEA principles and practices.
- Experience with Printed Circuit Board layout requirements for power electronics and high speed and mixed-signal circuitry and PCB design experience with Altium, Dip Trace or similar PCB design software.
- Familiar with EMC design principles, EMC design and testing including preventative approaches.
- Familiarity with industry safety standards and certifications (e.g. UL1741, CSA107.2, IEC62109, NEC, NFPA 70E, etc.) an asset.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or higher education in Electrical Engineering with focus on Power Electronics.
Huntington Beach, CA
8AM - 5PM (Monday - Friday). Mixed time spend in an office environment and production warehouse.
TBD – Based on Experience.
Our company offers excellent benefits including competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverages, a $25,000 life insurance policy with ‘buy-up’ options, individual supplemental insurance options, and a 401K plan with matching. Paid holidays and Vacation accrual are also offered.
About Mission Critical Electronics:
Mission Critical Electronics LLC. represents a platform of distinctive brands and products focusing on industrial electronic and electrical applications where durability, reliability, and performance in hostile environments is essential. A focus on critical system applications in commercial marine vessels, mega yachts, DC control & standby power, railroad passenger cars, wireless networks , emergency vehicles, and public safety communications and has resulted in a unique offering of high value products and well respected brands in our respective markets. Mission Critical Electronics is dedicated to supplying high quality products to the markets we serve. Please visit our website: www.mission-critical-electronics.com
As per company policy, official hiring will be pending the results of a background check and drug test.
Mission Critical Electronics and its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.