Teacher Floater (teacher/master teacher permit required)
Education | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Mission Child Care Consortium, Inc. offers support, assistance, encouragement and belief in each's ability and potential to all children, family and employees who passed through the child development program. All of the children, family, and staff who pass through our doors find support, encouragement, and belief in their potential.
The Mission Child Care Consortium, Inc. seeks to provide high quality care to children in educational environments, which promote optimal development in the areas of: community, cultural and linguistic diversity, creativity, literacy, numeracy, and science.
To provide high quality care and education for low-income families who are working towards economic sustainability through work, school, or on the job training programs.
To provide high quality work and education experiences for staff that are interested in understanding and facilitating developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood education.
- Must be high school graduate
- Holds or qualified for the California Child Development Teacher or Master Teacher permit
- Two + years classroom experience in ECE setting preferred
- Experience working Bilingual/Multicultural program preferred.
- Experience with State or Federally funded child care programs preferred
- Applicant requirements Bilingual able to speak, read, write, and understand the Spanish Language.
-To establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment
- Supervises children at all times
- Maintains a safe environment in the classroom and playground
- Reports accidents, thefts, and other unusual occurrences or incidents immediately to the Program Director and/or Site Manager
- Maintains Community Care Licensing (CCL) standards and regulations
- Follows security procedures for safety measures.
- Practices good communication skills
- Conducts health checks for all the children in the classroom on a daily basis.
- Will be a positive role model for all Teaching Staff and Children.
- Knowledge of activities developmentally appropriate to age group. Ability to be flexible with daily routines and schedules to capture “nurturing and teachable moments”.
- Uses Positive Descriptive Acknowledgement (PDA) as guidance to model behavior for children. Submits documentation on children as needed to Program Director or Site Manager.
-To advance physical and intellectual competence
- Responsible for ensuring positive teacher/child interactions and relationships in the classroom
- Leads classroom teaching team in planning lessons and activities appropriate to children's developmental levels
- Implements field trips
- Provide Remote Distance Learning and staff coverage.
- Provide Pick up and drop off of children from the classrooms to the front lobby for parents at pick up and drop off time.
-To support social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
- Uses age appropriate positive guidance techniques and models behavior for children
- Works with the teaching team to understand appropriate developmental expectations of the age group
- Responsible for providing documentation for inclusion children
-To establish positive and productive relationships with families
- Builds positive relationship with parents/guardians and respects their cultural differences
- Conducts Parents/Teacher conferences
- Encourages parents/guardians to participate in the program
- To ensure a well-run, purposeful program responsive to participant needs
- Assess classroom supplies and materials needed for the classroom
- Coordinates and supervise classroom teachers, assistants, and volunteers
- Prepare and implement Lesson Plans
- Completes DRDP paperwork and procedures
- Will implement California Department of Education (CDE), Nutrition Service Division (NSD), Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Requirements and Regulations
- Will maintain accurate daily attendance records for children.
- Participates in staff team work, works productively and cooperatively as well as communicates with other staff and parents.
- Attends all regularly scheduled staff meetings and administration meetings (if requested)
- Acquire knowledge of the current curriculum and implement the curriculum practices in the classroom by preparing and implementing the Lesson Plans
- Attends in service sessions, training, and workshop as required.
- Attend IEP meetings when necessary
- Supervises assistant and associate teachers and conducts their performance appraisals to be reviewed by Program Director or Site Manager
-To maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Promotes the organization’s and center’s philosophy and objectives
- Must prepare monthly work assignments for staff under their classroom leadership
- Must submit in writing request for educational supplies and materials to either Site Manager or Program Director
- Maintain confidentiality on all matter concerning the children, parents and other staff members.
- Obtains and keeps current or upgrades appropriate permits to a Teacher, Master Teacher or Supervisor
- Remains flexible about staffing schedules
- Able to work collaboratively and cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, and other professionals
- Skills in time management and organization.
- Ability to supervise Associate Teachers, Assistant Teachers, and Substitutes and gives instructions and delegate duties in a professional manner.
- Able to lift fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to go up and down stairs with no limitation
- Must be in good health and able to pass physical exam
- Able to meet required state, federal, local and M.C.C.C. standards (including, but not limited to fingerprinting clearance, negative TB test, First Aid/CPR)
- Other duties as assigned to provide assistance to the Site Manager and Program Director or as directed by the Executive Director.
Office Location: San Francisco
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $25.00 per hour, DOE
Status: Non-exempt, full-time, 40 hours per week
Reports to: Site Manager, Program Director or Lead Teacher
Benefits: 403 (b) Retirement Plan, Medical Health and Dental Plan, and Commuting Benefits