Education | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Mission Child Care Consortium, Inc. offers support, assistance, encouragement and belief in each's ability and potential to all children, family and employees who passed through the child development program. All of the children, family, and staff who pass through our doors find support, encouragement, and belief in their potential.
The Mission Child Care Consortium, Inc. seeks to provide high quality care to children in educational environments, which promote optimal development in the areas of community, cultural and linguistic diversity, creativity, literacy, numeracy, and science.
To provide high quality care and education for low-income families who are working towards economic sustainability through work, school, or on the job training programs.
To provide high quality work and education experiences for staff that are interested in understanding and facilitating developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood education.
The Program Director has the responsibility for full compliance of service contracts from the California Department of Education Early Learning and Care Division California State Preschool Program, Office of Early Care and Education, California Department of Education Nutrition Service Division, and First 5 of San Francisco for Mission Child Care Consortium Inc. The Program Director is responsible for the day to day operations of the center such as monitoring and and following through on required assessments and screenings. The Program Director oversees program documentations and reports and to meet state Community Care Licensing requirements, federal, local, and CDC guidelines, regulations and reports. The Program Director position is the overall management of staff in conjunction with Site Managers.
- Responsible for supervising, training and evaluating staff
- Supervises Site Managers
- Responsible for orientation of new classroom staff
- Coordinates/supports staff development trainings, workshops and staff requirements
- Monitors staff schedules, time sheets, vacation and leave time
- Maintains current Personal files on each employee.
- Orientation of newly hired staff with Site Managers.
- Builds team work and facilitates a cooperative environment with staff and children
- Supervises all children’s safety at the center
- Maintains and updates necessary documentation for all the children and families at the center
- Complete application forms from SF Child Care Training Consortium, for staff enrolled at SF City College.
- Provide consultation with Staff ECE/CD college level coursework and CDD/Commission on Teacher permit renewal and requirements
- Works with staff to identify and address exceptional needs of children
- In absence of Site Managers, the Program Director oversees the supervision
Management of Staff
- Program Director will meet requirements in accordance with Employee Handbook. Initiate, participate and make recommendations as to personnel recruitment, selection, transfers, promotions, disciplinary or dismissal measures in accordance with Employee Handbook.
- Coordinate and facilitate Education Meetings with Site Managers and conduct individual Supervision meetings with Site Managers on a regular basis.
- Program Director is to ensure that staff meets educational goals developed in annual Staff Development plans.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the center
- Monitors and assists in developing, planning, and implementing classroom environment and curricular standards
- Attend staff and Administration/Management meetings
- Develops curriculum outlines and themes for center every school year. Works in Conjunction with Site Manager approval of curriculum outlines, themes and assessment incorporation.
- Responsible for monitoring and following through on required assessments and screenings (i.e. ECERS, CLASS, DRDP’s, ASQ’s)
- Prepares child’s Desired Results Developmental Profiles (DRDP) educational portfolio for each student enrolled in the program with Site Managers.
- Adhere to and promote confidentiality practices in all aspects of the agency-operated early childhood programs.
- In conjunction with Site Managers and Administrative Eligibility Manager determine classroom placement of children with special needs following the enrollment criteria.
- In collaboration with Site Managers monitor frequency, quality, and content of Child Observations, Screenings, Developmental Assessments, parent Conferences and ILP’s conducted.
- Monitor and conduct follow-up with Site Managers and Lead teachers, Teachers to ensure that appropriate individualized programs for each child are developed and implemented, including children with disabilities and those with emotional/behavioral challenges.
- Maintains positive relationships with parents/guardians and respects their culture
- Works to address parent issues when difficulties arise
- Works effectively and appropriately with other CDC employees and programs (i.e. fiscal, enrollment, family support, PFA Coaches, Mental Health Consultants)
- Works in partnership with other organizations, consultants and professionals
- Program Director and Site Manager will train and follow-up that Teachers and Lead Teachers role-model, and Education Staff demonstrate, positive, professional, and accepting attitudes toward all parents and family members of children in their assigned center.
- Ensure through monitoring training, and follow-up that Education Staff makes parents feel welcome in their child’s center and that they encourage and motivate parents to participate in all levels of agency-operated child development programs.
- Oversees program documentations and reports
- Responsible for full compliance of service contracts
- Responsible to meet state Community Care Licensing requirements, federal, local, and CDC guidelines, regulations and reports (include Title 5, Title 22. OECE operating guidelines)
- Attends CPAC, PFA Round Table and CDE contractors’ meetings
- To Provide technical assistance, coordination and monitoring with the Executive Director and Site Managers on projects and educational concerns related in the child development/Early Childhood Education field.
- To work in conjunction with the Site Managers to do CDD Annual Self-Evaluation Contract Monitoring Review (CMR) and Desired Results evaluation of the Program, which is submitted by June 1 yearly to CDE Early Learning and Care Division (ELCD). Responsible for CMR Program Monitoring Reviews.
- Follow up on non-compliance issues identified during monitoring, and take appropriate personnel action if non-compliance continue to remain uncorrected after trainer and technical assistance have been provided.
- Provide appropriate training for Management Staff according to plans developed during Performance Appraisals and to address non-compliance issues identified during monitoring.
- Duties and Assignments given under the direction of the Executive Director
- Holds or qualified for the California Child Development Program Director Permit.
- BA required and MA preferable in ECE.
- Five years’ experience in administrative, management and supervisory job capacity.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Chinese) language preferred
- Experience with State or Federally funded child care programs preferred.
- Experience in coordination of curriculum and educational staff development.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of all administrative information
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must have an up to date physical and tuberculosis screening results
- Attends required meetings/trainings
- Remains flexible about staffing schedules
- Hours of work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Work schedule can be changed only by Executive Director.
Office Location: San Francisco
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $78,000.00 - $80,000.00, DOE
Status: Exempt, full-time, 40 hours per week
Reports to: Executive Director
Benefits: 403 (b) Retirement Plan, Medical and Dental Health, and Commuting Benefits