Office Manager Position
Management Front office operations and CCFP | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Mission Child Care Consortium, Inc. offers support, assistance, encouragement and belief in each's ability and potential to all children, family and employees who passed through the child development program. All of the children, family, and staff who pass through our doors find support, encouragement, and belief in their potential.
The Mission Child Care Consortium, Inc. seeks to provide high quality care to children in educational environments, which promote optimal development in the areas of community, cultural and linguistic diversity, creativity, literacy, numeracy, and science.
To provide high quality care and education for low-income families who are working towards economic sustainability through work, school, or on the job training programs.
To provide high quality work and education experiences for staff that are interested in understanding and facilitating developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood education.
The Office Manager has a key role in keeping with the Administration and Agency organized. We are seeking a Team-Oriented Professional who must be able to multitask, manage daily office operations, maintain confidentiality, and organizational expertise is essential. The Office Manager must have significant proficiency in MS Office Computer Skills, experience in Administrative Duties, and recruitment of staff and conduct new hire process.
The Office Manager will be responsible for:
- Greeting Visitors, Parents, Children and staff and provide excellent client services in English and Spanish
- To be familiar with the overall functions and operations of the agency in order to screen telephone calls and properly route them to corresponding persons and/or Department.
- Will coordinate the clerical and operational functions of the general office.
- Ordering office supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Will record all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Providing general clerical support to the Executive Director such as emailing, scanning, filing, copying, mailing and faxing.
- Assist Executive Director with yearly Holiday dinner and Fundraising.
- Type letters, memos, agendas, and assisting Executive Director with overflow work including word processing, internet research and data entry.
- Maintain a centralized filing system and insure accessibility of necessary data to authorized personnel.
- Spanish Translations of Letters, Signs, and Parent Handbook for families.
- Compiling reports and spreadsheets and preparing spreadsheets for Executive Director
- Setting appointment and arranging meetings for Executive Director.
- Conduct, prepare, and complete the Child Care Food Program (CCFP) reports and turn into Financial Manager and monitor and being the Program Contact for CNIPS
- Attend all trainings of Child Care Food Program (CCFP)
- Participating in recruitment efforts
- Posting job ads, organizing resumes, and job applications on Jobscore or other apps.
- Maintain Recruiting Logs, track job vacancies, and recruiting expenses
- Research other sourcing tools and child care specific Job Boards and Sites
- Be the first point of contact with candidate and Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Maintenance of MCCC eLearning Website
- Process Permits for elevator Service
- Collecting employment and tax information
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Preparing new employee files and maintaining employee files
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address)
- Conducting benefit enrollment process
- Administering new employment assessments
- Transfer, screen calls, assist Executive Director to recruiting, hiring, training new employees, Job Postings, Job Openings.
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions if needed with the assistance of Program Director or Executive Director .
- Assist the Program Director of new hired staff with orientation and complete necessary required documents with complete orientation packages.
- Maintain Personnel Files for correct information, credentials, permits, salary pay, medical and any required Mandatory information.
- Completing termination documents and do offboarding.
- Create and distribute documents and maintain records related to grievances, performance reports and reviews, terminations, absences and disciplinary action.
- Knowledge of Labor Laws and Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division.
- Conduct, prepare, and distribute family fees and work in coordination with Administrative Eligibility Manager
- Other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- Significant Proficiency MS Office Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point, & Quick books)
- Strong filing experience.
- Good interpersonal, communications, organizational and administrative skills
- Must have at least 4 years’ experience in overall clerical work and management
- Required Bilingual English & Spanish
- Required BA degree in Management or related field
- Previous phone experience preferred – Strong Telephone skills
- Strong desire to ensure a safe and secure environment for staff, children, parents and visitors
- Must be able to handle matters delicately and professionally
- Must maintain Confidentiality at all times
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail -Proofreading work before giving it to an Administrator
- Must be able to multitask the operational functions of the general office and any other duties requested by the Executive Director
- Ability to deal with emergency situations
- Knowledge and experience with security monitoring, camera system, and alarm systems and equipment
- Significant Administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and interact Professionally with co-workers and clients in the agency
- Constantly operates a computer, and other office productivity machinery such as computer, printer and copy machine.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 60% of the time at the front office.
- Must be able to frequently communicate and able to exchange accurate information.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
- Must have Knowledge and/or willing to learn Child Development Requirements of the California Department of Education and San Francisco Office of Early Care and Education.