Enrollment & Eligibility Specialist - Bilingual
Enrollment & Eligibility | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
The Mission Child Care Consortium, Inc. offers support, assistance, encouragement and belief in each's ability and potential to all children, family and employees who passed through the child development program. All of the children, family, and staff who pass through our doors find support, encouragement, and belief in their potential.
The Mission Child Care Consortium, Inc. seeks to provide high quality care to children in educational environments, which promote optimal development in the areas of community, cultural and linguistic diversity, creativity, literacy, numeracy, and science.
To provide high quality care and education for low-income families who are working towards economic sustainability through work, school, or on the job training programs.
To provide high quality work and education experiences for staff that are interested in understanding and facilitating developmentally appropriate practices in early childhood education.
The Enrollment & Eligibility Specialist has the responsibility of enrollment, re-certification’s, updates, selection, and attendance of the California Department of Education Early Education Support Division California State Preschool Program of Mission Child Care Consortium Inc. The Enrollment & Eligibility Specialist screens families for program eligibility and need requirements. The Enrollment & Eligibility Specialist enter family’s information into data management system (COCOA), request and verifies family’s information, generates reports, and follows up with family’s enrollments, re-certification, and updates appointments, and provide families with program information. The Enrollment & Eligibility Specialist position assures implementation of policies and procedures to maintain CDE, EESD state enrollment and maintain computerized and hard copies of family files and applicants.
The Enrollment & Eligibility Specialist is responsible for:
- Perform initial income assessments to determine program eligibility and supports the overall admissions process by promoting, planning, coordinating, and organizing enrollment.
- Recruit children and families for CDE State Contract utilizing the Early Learning San Francisco Database with Children’s Council. Calls and screens families from the Early Learning SF wait list and walk ins
- Manages MCCC Eligibility and Enrollment Department phone line by answering phone calls and screening for program eligibility and need
- Timely Responds to all voice messages left on the MCCC Enrollment and Eligibility Department phone line daily
- Collects Eligibility documentation, such as income, family size, birth certificates, immunization, public assistance documentation, proof of residency, foster care documentation, CPS at risk documentation, custody or restraining order court documents and homeless documentation from families during the initial intake appointment and recertification’s and if needed for updates.
- Collects ASQ, Emergency Records, medical forms, and any other important child and family information and Community Care Licensing Documents.
- Assists families with completion of documentation
- Assures and maintains that all components of enrollment, selection, eligibility, and need components are in compliance with state CDE EESD CSPP Title 5 Requirements and regulations, San Francisco OECE Requirements and Regulations and San Francisco County Subsidy Pilot Program.
- Review Family files periodically for quality and compliance assurance organize and maintain family files to ensure it is up to date and in compliance with program regulations
- Complete initial Data entry of family into CDMIS and COCOA Data Management system
- Conduct bilingual enrollment Orientation for families and hold parent meetings with the Administrative Eligibility Manager, and other Administration Staff
- Call families on the Early Learning SF waiting list when there is a vacant slot in the program and maintain updates information
- Approve the completed application and submits it to the Administrative Eligibility Manager for final Approval.
- Participate in Outreach or Recruitment for enrollment in the community by attending events and enrollment fairs
- Work on Parent Surveys for Parent Input
- Facilitate implementation of parent directed projects
- Assist the Administrators with assignments and be in communication regarding present upcoming situations, activities, and meetings that arise in the agency
- Implement Outreach of the agency to seek wraparound services for the families
- Review family’s attendance into COCOA on a weekly basis
- Must be familiar with Social Services regulations to provide assistance to parents
- Prepare family files in the color of the classroom, label, and crosscheck if any documents are missing or need correction
- Maintain Enrollment & Eligibility tracking system sheets for the Agency to assist in enrollment and
- Class Grouping list to comply with CDE Requirements.
- Report the count of enrollment and those children who are no longer in the program due to drop, and terminations. All Notice of Actions of termination must be reviewed by the Administrative Eligibility Manager for final approval.
- Responsible that proper documentation and procedures are followed when enrolling a family and terminating a family for child care services; knowledge of correct procedures for issuing Notice of Actions to parents.
- Prepare, submit, and maintain requested child care computerized management reports, files, and records such as 801 A, 801 B, DPH Immunization Report, COCOA Certifications, Child Care Facility Roster Health & Safety Code Section 1596.841
- Assist with Data Entry to fulfill Program Requirement and Compliance of CDE EESD CSPP Title 5 Requirements and regulations, San Francisco OECE Requirements and Regulations and San Francisco County Subsidy Pilot Program.
- Attend Team Meetings
- Maintain Confidentiality in accordance with the Agency policy and Legal Requirements
- Conduct Family Fee procedures
- Responsible to follow the Agency’s policy and procedures
- Translate and interpret forms/letters in Cantones/Mandarin for Cantonese/Mandarin speaking families and the agency
- Attend meetings, training or workshops required by the Administrative Eligibility Manager
- Work with the Parent Advisory Committee “Fund Raising Project” and support school events as assigned
- Review Sign in/out sheets for all attendance purposes and monitor families maintaining their assigned contract hours based on eligibility and need regulations
- Additional Duties may be assigned as required by the Executive Director, and/or Administrative Eligibility Manager
- Language Required: English proficiency and Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin; must be able speak, read, and write.
- Proficiency of Word, Power Point and Excel and familiarized with database programs and computer applications
- Required BA/BS and two years of successful experience in a professional Administrative, Social Services, or related field or experience in family counseling, child development or child care Services role
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Prior Successful professional experience in providing confidential administrative support
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment including professional correspondence, and Telephone etiquette
- Knowledge of office management, techniques, and organization skills
- Exercise good judgement and discretion in analyzing and problem solving
- Highly organized and ability to multitask and perform assigned work with speed and accuracy, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality of all administrative information
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Ability to relate positively and effectively with families of varied academic, socio-economic, and cultural background using courteousness with a professional manner
- Experience with ECE Assessment tools such as ASQ, and funding sources CDE, First 5, OECE
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must have an up to date physical and tuberculosis screening results
Office Location: San Francisco
Start date: Immediately
Compensation: $23.00 - $26.00 per hour, DOE
Status: Non-exempt, full-time, 40 hours per week
Reports to: Administrative Eligibility Manager
Benefits: 403 (b) Retirement Plan, Medical Health and Dental Plan, and Commuting Benefits