Technology Platform | San Francisco, CA
About The Minerva Project
The Minerva Project is the first elite American University to be launched in a century. Minerva's philosophy transforms every aspect of the university-student relationship in anticipation of students' changing needs in an evolving world. Across a full life cycle of admission to instruction to post graduation support, The Minerva Project is rethinking the role of an elite institution of higher learning.
Re-imagine admissions: gaining admittance will be more intellectually challenging than any traditional elite university, but the economic bounds and limits of the latter will not constrain us. There will be no limit to the size or diversity of the admitted class.
Re-imagine the campus: by untethering teaching from a physical location, we let students experience the world while gaining access to the best faculty anywhere.
Re-imagine the university-student relationship: from admittance to career services to alumni networking to post-graduate support, Minerva students will have the University at their back.
Build the University of the Future
Come help us train 21st century leaders and creators. Accelerate the trajectory of the hardest-working, most capable students in the world to positively shape our collective future. Come use your skills to build the next great American institution of higher learning.
We're not building courseware, we're building a university. This is a huge goal, and requires hugely talented people to help get us there.
You'll be part of a small team comprised of fantastic and talented people. Your role will to design the most elegant, simple and beautiful online univerisity. This is no small task! You will be creating the modern day equivalant of the buildings at traditional colleges. You will also get to help re-think, simplify and improve all aspects of the university-student and student-student relationship. You will get to design how students interact with Minerva during admissions to how classes are taught to how students interact with Minerva.
We are big believers in design and looking for someone who is truly world class.
- Strong from beginning to end of a project. Ability to go from interviewing users to interaction design to visual design (or at least oversight) to implementation.
- Can create and set vision for design on a large project.
- Ability to get to vision through iteration. Can rapidly prototype.
- Strong portfolio of web and mobile applications.
- Lightning fast at Photoshop, Illustrator or other tools.
- Experience conducting user tests - usability, ethnographic, etc.
- Experience using shared source control (Git, Subversion, etc).
- Interest in related fields - art, typography, etc.